Texting as an Introduction????

I am new to this, and I am a eye contact person in a regular conversation. So am I just being being a pre-madonna not liking initial contact being a text? Email, fine at least you can find out if they can spell lol, but prefer to hear a voice.
Does this bother anyone else? or do I just need to learn to like it? lol
Lot of times, PMs from here or P411 serve as a screening process. Text messages should be reserved for later.

I would prefer to speak to a person on telephone or face to face.

In this era, there is probably a market for all types of interaction, or should I say a market for all types of marketing?

No, I would not say you are a prima donna.
I personally find texting very rude when it comes to an introductory! I'm a people person and I want to to talk to the person so that I can get a feel of who they really are!

Unfortunately, I am seeing alot of the initial texting even in the real world dating! I'll answer a few texts, but I better get a call, dammit or he's history! LOL!
There is nothing less reliable, less personal and more likely to demonstrate total lack of concern for the your mother tongue than a text message.
Thank you, glad it isn't just me : )
Welcome FondaCox. Get those pics up girl.

There are occasions where the first time I speak with the provider is when I'm in the parking lot, and she gives me a room number. I really don't care for that. I know the ladies have a lot of time wasters and are text crazy now days, but I too don't care for the initial contact text message.

I do like to have a brief conversation with this stranger I'm about to be intimate with. If the lady goes through the effort to talk and flirt, then there's a better chance she will go through the effort to provide a more personal, pleasurable visit.
LoL, I think I like pre-madonna better than prima donna now. I guess it depends upon whether or not you were born before 1982 or not.
I don't mind initial texting. Some people are in the office and around 'ears'. I don't mind him texting referrence info or P411, but I always talk to someone before they get my APT number.
I'm the opposite. I really don't like making eye contact for too long and i dont really like talking to someone ive never met over the phone. I'd rather text them until i meet them. I can see how that could be totally weird though lol
There is nothing less reliable, less personal and more likely to demonstrate total lack of concern for the your mother tongue than a text message. Originally Posted by Chainsaw Anthropologist
I'll give that comment a "Standing O!!!"
I don't mind initial texting. Some people are in the office and around 'ears'. I don't mind him texting referrence info or P411, but I always talk to someone before they get my APT number. Originally Posted by DallasBella
I have had an apt with a provider whom I never heard her voice, she canceled via text even her voice mail was the generic one.
I prefer to just text and pm. I honestly am way too busy and usually around clients most of the
Day to call 10 girls to try and line up one appointment. I usually pm the girl, tell her I will be texting from given number.
I'm not sure--What exactly makes sending a text rude?
If one is talking on the phone without any pictures, it is tough to make "eye contact" before meeting.
considering I could be around people that don't know my name on here is "angie" - and if I have to call for a reference or something like that - it can get very time consuming, frustrating, and should someone ask "who's angie?" a little uncomfortable - texting can easily be used to get the process moving forward.

It also helps me with my shitty metro PCS phone. I've had issues with it lately not leaving the call record of someone I just spoke with (just happened to me - my plans have changed - I am avail when he was asking - and I can't even call or text him back. ) So, for me - a text is fine - and we can call when it's "safe" for both of us....or after I've been able to verify.

If the client texts me first - I think it's not rude or an issue. Just as one guy said he doesn't have time to call 10 girls to try to line something up - I don't always have time or the chance to answer each and every call - and answer a bunch of questions that shouldn't be asked on the phone to begin with. (ads and info on profiles and such are there for a reason.)