Less expensive therapeutic massage

The going BP rate for "therapeutic" massage seems to be $80 or so per hour in Dallas. A number of posters have written that a good massage can be had for less, but gave no specifics. I'd sure appreciate some names of LMTs who are located in Dallas and who provide a good massage (no Ls necessary) for less money. PM if you'd like. Thanks for the help.
Check for massage schools near where you live or work. They crank out new students every day.

A place I have visited often is called Hands on Approach just north of 635 on the east side of Preston Rd. There are those who have begun their hours needed and some about ready to head out on their own and everything in between.

Rates are close to 30-35 for an hour and if you find someone who does a good job, you can see her again and develop a work relationship with her once she starts on her own.
Kekino @ 15th & Custer in Plano and Sterling off the Tollway north of Keller Springs are both excellent schools with good therapeutic intern massages. Prices are $30 or $35/hour, and tips are not allowed by law. It's a great value and it really helps the students finish their internships. Of course, there's always Massage Envy for $50.
Check for massage schools near where you live or work. They crank out new students every day.

A place I have visited often is called Hands on Approach just north of 635 on the east side of Preston Rd. There are those who have begun their hours needed and some about ready to head out on their own and everything in between.

Rates are close to 30-35 for an hour and if you find someone who does a good job, you can see her again and develop a work relationship with her once she starts on her own. Originally Posted by LazurusLong
I've been to Hands on Approach. Not a bad place for strictly massages...especially for the price. Some of the students are better than others. I just tell them what part of the body to focus on (neck, shoulder, lower back, etc...) and that's enough for me.