Obamacare: The Last Straw?

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...last-straw.php

if the democrats think they are retaking the house & senate as part of the anti-trump vote. they are dreaming.

ACA (Affordable Care Act) is an albatross that hangs on the backs of many democrats. that is if the last 2 election cycles is any guide and the democrats hemorrhaged badly losing seats.

I expect the same until the ACA is finally repealed.

the act is needlessly complicated, and annoying to many customers.

the failure of the exchanges were deliberate and many republicans warned of it.

the reform could have been simple with 2 acts, make insurance competition available in all states and make insurance available for those with catastrophic illness.
This all goes back to the main problem: Obama.

He was never a successful legislator or community organizer. Speech maker and demagogue yes.

If it was not for the fed flooding the market with free money and the media unwilling to expose him, he would be revealed for the ineffective fool he is.
SNICK
SNICK Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
yellow bellied coward showed up.

hack
The root of the problem: wildly fluctuating prices for the same procedures. Saw a list a while back of what area hospitals charge for similar operations. There were $5K to $80K differences in some of them. Fucking ridiculous.
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...last-straw.php

make insurance available for those with catastrophic illness. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
This alone is making the premium price go up. Before the ACA was passed health insurance companies did not sell health insurance to people with pre-existing conditions or to people who were "already sick" in the individual market. Now the health insurance companies can't weed out sick people. People who were very sick loaded up on the bronze plan (the cheapest one) and submitted up 5 million dollars worth of claims, which is the typical policy max.

There is no easy way for health insurance companies to make a profit off of policyholders who are already sick. If there was you wouldn't need to pass a law to get health insurance companies to sell health insurance to sick people.

He was never a successful legislator
Originally Posted by gnadfly
Neither was your hero Bush43, the "C" history student from Yale University who ran the Texas Rangers into the ground before running the USA into the steepest RECESSION ever.
Neither was your hero Bush43, the "C" history student from Yale University who ran the Texas Rangers into the ground before running the USA into the steepest RECESSION ever. Originally Posted by flghtr65
Wrong, bucko! Everybody knows Barney Frank(D) owns that one.

Just as there is no easy way for health insurance companies to make a profit off of policyholders who are already sick there is no easy way for banks to make a profit loaning money for mortgages that people have no intention of paying back.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...crisis/249903/

Housing bubble = financial crisis = recession
The root of the problem: wildly fluctuating prices for the same procedures. Originally Posted by Prolongus
You don't know much about medical billing codes do you.

There are "wildly fluctuating prices for the same" beer!

See if HillariousNoMore can get medical procedures "price controls" passed in Congress! And then see if she can get it through the SCOTUS even after she packs it with Communists, and even if it passes Congress..... or she gives up and signs an "Executive Order" controlling medical procedure charges!!!! She failed in 1993 and she'll fail again.
This alone is making the premium price go up. Before the ACA was passed health insurance companies did not sell health insurance to people with pre-existing conditions or to people who were "already sick" in the individual market. Originally Posted by flghtr65
Get a job. Oh, and you are wrong. You read too much propaganda.
Hey, flghtr65.

As prolifically as you spew clueless bullshit in health care threads, one would think you'd bother to learn something about the issue one of these days. You know, from somewhere other than one of your propaganda sources.
one thing tho.

a lot of American companies are itching to dump health insurance so as to better compete with foreign companies who do not carry health insurance but their govt funds national health ins.

I think this is part of the reason why ACA was designed that way
Imo the problem here is out of control medical prices. Aca does nothing to curb them. It only forces young and healthy people to pay absurd premiums. Then bc healthy people like me wont pay $400-$500 a month in premiums alone, in come the death spirals. You damn near have to get hit by an 18 wheeler for it to kick in!

I think insurance should be insurance. Insurance is usually meant to cover the catastrophic and unexpected. I wouldnt mind oaying out of pocket if routine procedures were rationally priced!
Get a job. Oh, and you are wrong. You read too much propaganda. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I have a job moron. Between me and my employers I have paid over $225,000 in social security tax over the years. You want the see the statement from the government?

Before the ACA was passed if you were in the individual market (i.e. you could not get health insurance from your employer) and your blood Glucose was over 280 mg/ml, no health insurance company would sell that person a health insurance policy. If your blood glucose level is that high, that means you are going to be diabetic if you aren't already. Any doctor worth his degree would tell you that dumbass.

Stick to accounting LL, you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

He was never a successful legislator or community organizer. Speech maker and demagogue yes.

If it was not for the fed flooding the market with free money and the media unwilling to expose him, he would be revealed for the ineffective fool he is. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Bingo.

It's amazing how this smarmy little Demagogue got so far with no appreciable skills other than mastering the TelePrompter.