Thoughts on meet and greets?

I like the idea of meet and greets, in that you can at least make sure the person you are seeing is legit. This can be in a public space like a Starbucks or something.

Guys and girls, any thoughts?
I like the idea, I have a lot to lose so I would feel more at ease and able to have real fun if I know your legit..
  • BLM69
  • 02-09-2019, 10:31 AM
I'll see you guys on the 10 o'clock news or at least you guys will make it to social media. Times have changed my friends
The problem I've seen with meet and greets is about of the women don't know how to dress appropriately appropriately in public. Just draws too much attention unless everything is in a private venue.
Meet n greets are fun in SB dating. I enjoyed them....as long as it didn't turn into a 5-hour meet!
...too many times, they turn out to be more of Sausagefest than a Taco Party:
Y'all know you are talking about two different topics, right?

OP and the ladies are talking about a guy meeting a lady in a public place before going BCD.

The others are talking about socials.

(Did anyone REALLY think he was suggesting a hobby social at a Starbucks?)
Oooooops...thanks B3
No prob, LOL. Just trying to keep this one from going WAY off the rails and have newbies thinking that the news was going to show up at the Starbucks if they wanted to have a coffee before a date, LOL.
1/2 hour visits are the best meet n greet ever. That's enough time to encounter a little and see if you n her click n repeat.
So, you don't find it awkward to just walk through the door and "get comfortable" with someone new?

Asking for a friend...
1/2 hour visits are the best meet n greet ever. That's enough time to encounter a little and see if you n her click n repeat. Originally Posted by Tsmokies
Agree 80% of the time

So, you don't find it awkward to just walk through the door and "get comfortable" with someone new?

Asking for a friend... Originally Posted by B Three
With you? It takes more than a half hour for me to watch you bake cookies wearing an apron.
LOL. I'm thinking...why would someone want to see a guy for less time than it takes to shake the martinis and make the associated cheese plate...much less bake the cookies!
I think a meet and greet is too much like the real world. I prefer to do my research and then get naughty with the provider within minutes of meeting. Few things are more exciting than just meeting and getting busy right away
The Social sounds interesting. Is there a secret club that you have to belong to in order to get included, lol