Mexican food anyone/anywhere??

Just got into town and craving Mexican food. I'm north Austin, anyone know of anywhere?
Are you in Austin or Dallas? Your post is kind of confusing.
Wow I'm sorry I was in Austin Monday. DALLAS! Sorry. North Dallas- I'm next to a taco casa but I think I'm gonna avoid that.
Rosa's is pretty good.
But i am biased to baja mex, not tex mex. hard to find good Mex in DFW babe,
good luck!
SeanJ
I've been to Uncle Julio's a bunch of times and it's delicious. Try their tableside guacamole.. They make it right in front of you. Margaritas are awesome, and their fajitas are amazing.

Decent fast food Mexican places that I've been to are Taco Casa and Taco Bueno but if you're really craving good Mexican stick to restaurants. Try looking on Yelp for Mexican places in North Dallas. I'm sure you will find a bunch of places. Maybe if you get lucky you'll get one of our ECCIE members here in Dallas to take you out Good luck!
Depends what area your in... Cause there's some trucks out there that beat any restaurant
Papasitos is my favorite, 75 before spring valley
Ojeida's on Maple. Or the original El Fenix downtown.
  • BLM69
  • 02-03-2016, 08:09 PM
I've been to Uncle Julios in Plano off 75 and it's pretty good for tex-mex
You can't go wrong with Fuel City tacos and elote.
You can't go wrong with Fuel City tacos and elote. Originally Posted by Adonis
I second that.

If you make it out west to Fort Worth, La Rueda is a must for flavor and authenticity!
  • Go4it
  • 02-03-2016, 11:42 PM
If you are looking for more than the chain Mex food, I would strongly suggest giving El Taquito Cafe at 5427 E Grand Ave a try. Hole in the Wall place with GREAT food, excellent service. Go on Wednesday and have their Special - Enchilada Dinner or Mexican Dinner for around $7.00. Mex Dinner is 2 Enchiladas, Taco, Rice & Beans ---- I suggest getting chicken enchilada and taco.

They have a Mariacha Band on Wednesdays. Not my favorite thing but just letting you know.

The catch ---- CASH ONLY. No credit card. No checks.

To get there go East on 30 out of downtown Dallas, Exit Grand, left on Grand and it's about 1/2 block on left after going under the freeway. Street parking.
Rosa's is pretty good.
But i am biased to baja mex, not tex mex. hard to find good Mex in DFW babe,
good luck!
SeanJ Originally Posted by seanj317
I don't know where you are from, but if you can't find good Tex-Mex in DFW you either aren't trying or wouldn't know a good taco if one sat on your face.

There are TONS of independent delights in the area on top of the several chains already mentioned (many of which started as a single restaurant in this area). Different people have different tastes, but just look for a full parking lot, Texans don't put up with bad Mexican food, there is too much competition.
  • broes
  • 02-04-2016, 02:05 AM
I've been to Uncle Julios in Plano off 75 and it's pretty good for tex-mex Originally Posted by biglatinmale
That is like an Italian claiming Olive Garden. And Fuel City sucks compared to the many other options.
You can't go wrong with Fuel City tacos and elote. Originally Posted by Adonis
OMG Food Coma for sure! Love Fuel City Tacos!!!