January 13th....if you go....it will blow you away!!

It's Mark Twain Tonight at The Winspear.

This is not an ad, it's a heads up to something that is extremely rare and just totally awe inspiring. If you know the full background on Mark Twain, no further explanation is required.

Granted, this is a little different post and I'm not looking for a lot of feedback, mainly considering it's about something that hasn't happened nor is it a main stream hobby activity.

Like most people here a variety of entertainment is important - family gatherings, hobbying, fine dining, hobbying, concerts, hobbying, travelling, hobbying, vacationing, hobbying, the lake, hobbying, private parties, hobbying - wait - those last two can mingle together...you get the idea...we're not glued to the theater circuit....but I understand what's really good to most people.

Make it short here, decades ago I had the pleasure of seeing Hal Holbrook perform Mark Twain Tonight. It blew me away. I left the theater thinking to myself, " I've never seen anything like that in my life !"...and I haven't since. If I had a choice of seeing a provider or this play, I'd pick to take a provider with me and experience a win/win.

As a child I'd read books on Tom Sawyer and knew who Sam Clements was, where he grew up, what his literary influences were, etc. This one man play is a genuine American iconic performance. Mark Twain could never do Mark Twain better than Hal Holbook - might want to check this out. Holbrook, not unlike the Rolling Stones and other iconic entertainers, is not going to be around much longer.
Thanks for the heads up Charlie b. Sounds cool. I just bought tix. Mark twain is one of our finest.
Got tickets also. It will be a great night. Thank you for the heads-up.