ISO Horse supplies. Come on country boys, show me your stuff!!

I'm in the market for horse supplies. I need it all. Anyone willing to trade or sell me horse supplies please PM me, or post... I'm not picky.

All supplies for a medium size.
what exactly u looking for ?
I need it all. Everything from brushes to blankets to tack to saddles to feed. Not to mention feed buckets and what not.
LovingKayla, you need all that and more. If you have a new horse and it sounds like it to me, first you want to make sure the place where are boarding the animal provides a "DRY" stall with a water trough. Cant tell you how many times I have seen horses standing in their stall and its a muddy mess, the horses are standing in their own fieces and this along with standing water is not a good thing.

You also need a good vet that will come to you for shots and dental care on a regular basis. Plus a furrier that will take care of the hooves every four weeks. Thats every four weeks, mark it down get it done.

In addition the horse needs good sweet hay, rolled oats are best along with a little sweet feed, not too much. Also never "dock" the horses tail, let him be able to fend off flies and other bugs, plus some fly sticks are always needed. It also helps if the opening of the stall does not face the north, poor animal would freeze this winter if we have a really cold snow storm blow in.

One last item, the horse needs plenty of social and exercise time, the social time is most important.
check with The Horse Trainer.
I sincerely appreciate your advice durango, but I have them at my place and we do actually know what we are doing. I just don't have a lot of the tangible supplies I would like. I could just go buy it all new but I figured someone here would have something they could sell me that's already infused with love.

I would never board a horse. What's the point in having one if you don't see it in the pasture every time you walk out the door?

I hadn't thought of fly sticks though. Thanks for that.
A bug zapper that is located a good 20-30 yard away from the horses might really help. NEVER put a bug zapper near where the horses or people congregate. the Zappers attract bugs and many times they'll get you not the light so keeping them far enough away like I said is perfect and they work great and burn very little power
I have all kinds of stuff Kayla. Next time you're "in the area" cum check it out.
angus...if we see eachother before you see kayla - I can drop it with her....plus, I've never ridden a horse.....I think she may give me a few lessons.

(ok, bring the dirty jokes on!)

Kayla - they have this one type of natural fly that likes to kill off the pest type of flies...it's really great for areas that have farm animals.

I'll try to remember to check on it for you. We almost got some at my home when I was surrounded by 3 mastiffs in yards the size of a driveway.

Plus a furrier that will take care of the . . . .

. Originally Posted by durango95;
I didn't know it got cold enough here for a horse to need a furrier. You'd think a blanket would be enough to keep him warm.

You might want to get him a farrier, too, so he has some nice shoes to go along with that fur coat!!!
TexTushHog Good one. My Bad when it comes to spelling.
angus...if we see eachother before you see kayla - I can drop it with her....plus, I've never ridden a horse.....I think she may give me a few lessons.

(ok, bring the dirty jokes on!)
... Originally Posted by tntangie
Bareback lessons?

It had to be said!
I wish I had known someone here wanted or needed tack. I parted with a substantial amount of various tack recently after downsizing my number of horses. I kept enough for my pretty little paint fillies. I will look again to see if there is more I could part with though.

Feed is at a premium right now. I have round bales but just enough to last until first cut next year. I will however watch for any passing through town that may be priced right. Good hay is essential and then the supplements.

If there is something specific you want and can't find, message me and I will try to help any way I can. Good luck!