Chris Paul and Dwight Howard to the lakers?

What do you think? Will the lakers pull of another amazing trade?
  • MRMR
  • 12-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Look at Miami. 3 studs and no supporting cast and NO ring.
With new salary cap not much to go around after paying their big 3.
GO Mavs!
Could it happen? Absolutely. Especially if either New Orleans wants Bynum. I can't see them interested in Artest (or MetaWorldPeace, as he's changed his name to) and Odom. But Odom and Artest could fit with Orlando pretty well.

That being said, I predict that CP3 ends up with the Clippers. They can offer DeAndre Jordan, Al-Farouq Aminu, Ben Gordon and Minnesota's non-lottery protected first round draft choice in 2012. That's a much better package for a rebuilding team. Then New Orleans can flip Gordon for a young stud and picks. I'm sure that the Clippers try to keep Gordon, but my guess is New Orleans doesn't do the deal without him (or at least threatens not to). In a pinch the Hornets might take Mo Williams in stead, but he'll bring much, much less than Gordon if flipped. But with this year's draft being as deep as it is -- so long as the one and done rule is kept -- the TPups draft choice is priceless.
Yeah buddy!

No team is going to trade that much without assurances the player will sign. I am not sure if all the collective bargaining chips have fallen to know how this would play out.

Now Dwight, he has already indicated he would love to be in LA.

And I doubt it would be 3 and no one else. D Fish is a excellent player and would move to the bench. If Odom isn't trade bait he would remain, same with Artest and Gasol. You don't have to gut the Lakers to get the players. New Orleans and Orlando can't try to hold the teams over the barrel too much considering the players could just leave at the end of the year.

And all things considered, Kobe is a hell of a lot more motivated than Lebron. Lebron has truly shown being king doesn't need to include being a champ. Kobe lives and dies by being a champ.
Yeah buddy!

No team is going to trade that much without assurances the player will sign. I am not sure if all the collective bargaining chips have fallen to know how this would play out.

Now Dwight, he has already indicated he would love to be in LA.

And I doubt it would be 3 and no one else. D Fish is a excellent player and would move to the bench. If Odom isn't trade bait he would remain, same with Artest and Gasol. You don't have to gut the Lakers to get the players. New Orleans and Orlando can't try to hold the teams over the barrel too much considering the players could just leave at the end of the year.

And all things considered, Kobe is a hell of a lot more motivated than Lebron. Lebron has truly shown being king doesn't need to include being a champ. Kobe lives and dies by being a champ. Originally Posted by Boltfan
Absolutely agree! Man if one or both of these trades go down.. A lucky provider is gonna get a whole bunch of loot from me haha! Cant wait!
It's official lakers trade Pau and Odom for Chris Paul!
Nvm David stern cancelled the trade... Worst comissioner in sports!
I was trying to follow this morning - but my shower was too loud.
This we know: years ago The Jazz ended up moving to (of all places) Utah, where it has thrived ever since (didn't hurt they ended up with the Stockton-Malone duo to stabilize this team). Anyway, the NBA just didn't sell in New Orleans and even the great Pistol Pete couldn't put enough fannies in the seats in the Crescent City to keep this franchise afloat). It's apparent the NBA doesn't want to see The Hornets succeed there either by calling off this trade. If Paul is forced to play this season there, he'll be a free agent come the end of the 2011-12 season and he'll still end up going to L.A. anyway......and New Orleans gets zilch in return. And that will pretty much sink this franchise (and could that mean an eventual move to a city hungry to get back into the NBA?)
Hint: Seattle
This we know: years ago The Jazz ended up moving to (of all places) Utah, where it has thrived ever since (didn't hurt they ended up with the Stockton-Malone duo to stabilize this team). Anyway, the NBA just didn't sell in New Orleans and even the great Pistol Pete couldn't put enough fannies in the seats in the Crescent City to keep this franchise afloat). It's apparent the NBA doesn't want to see The Hornets succeed there either by calling off this trade. If Paul is forced to play this season there, he'll be a free agent come the end of the 2011-12 season and he'll still end up going to L.A. anyway......and New Orleans gets zilch in return. And that will pretty much sink this franchise (and could that mean an eventual move to a city hungry to get back into the NBA?)
Hint: Seattle Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
David stern is a joke!
"Hint Seattle"? they refused to build a new stadium, hence, the OKC Thunder and they are doing pretty good
What do you think? Will the lakers pull of another amazing trade? Originally Posted by GreatLife
Not gonna HAPPEN CP3 is not going to L.A but HOWARD is and some known GUARD maybe CHAUNCEY at a bargain price!!!
Not gonna HAPPEN CP3 is not going to L.A but HOWARD is and some known GUARD maybe CHAUNCEY at a bargain price!!! Originally Posted by THE LEGEND
If be ok with Chauncey and Dwight with Kobe.