ROC Plaza Hotel vs. Hyatt Regency

Plaza Hotel vs. Hyatt Regency in Rochester. Considering these two hotels for my trip later this month and can't decide. The Plaza doesn't have great reviews but they have a cafe with smoothies & coffee (+100 points). I can't find great pictures of the rooms. If you are familiar with these hotels what are the pros and cons and what do you recommend? Thanks!
I can speak for the plaza, nice hotel, had a suite when I stayed there, price was right, didn't use the cafe so can't speak of that, either way I wish you luck
I can speak for the plaza, nice hotel, had a suite when I stayed there, price was right, didn't use the cafe so can't speak of that, either way I wish you luck Originally Posted by rodeomann22
Yes our suite was nice.. I thinks its a good location and price... also rear entry door from parking lot opens and the elevator is there to the left.. No having to pass front desk or other hotel staff : )
I've had more experience at the Hyatt, probably due to the name. They're both decent, but I'd give the edge to the Hyatt for more anonymity.

Easy to park, walk through lobby and straight to elevators relatively unnoticed. Good luck!
Thanks for the Intel everyone! Still haven't decided yet.
I didnt like the hyatt. Lottle things, no HGTV channel, tv sucked, idk im sure other stuff...
I only stayed there once... I stick to the Radisson downtown. Usually get a king room for less than 130 a night depending. Good entrance no lobby walkthrough. Only downside is guy has to pay fo parking
Yeah but I think its a buck to park for an hour. You can also drive through the valet area and park by a meter one street over for $1.25. Amber, let me know when you're in town, would love to meet up, hehe
Decided to go with something completely different, thanks for the input.
Good move!....
Decided to go with something completely different, thanks for the input. Originally Posted by bustybabygirl
stay the fuck out of the Town of Gates and hotels near ROC airport as most in that town
just sayin
Yeah, kind of had to settle on what I wanted but oh well.
Yeah dont go to henrietta either... busy dontown hotels are best I feel
I've heard bad things about Henrietta/Gates/Airport area so steered clear from there.
That was my first choice because I'm a spa slut but they were booked for one of the nights I need :-(. Next time need to schedule further in advance.