Review Location

• Bubba
  • 08-08-2010, 10:46 AM
This is mainly for the gents, but ladies, if you have something to contribute please feel free.

Gents.....how specific does the "location" in a review need to be for it to be helpful? A question about this has come up so rather then go with what I "THINK" you guys want I thought it would best serve all of us for me to ask.....

Keep in mind that unless there is an actual business front (Amps, Strip Clubs, etc) specific address are not and will not be allowed. The question is who much is enough to be useful.

Examples of currently used locations: Overland Park, Near Airport, South Kansas City are one type. Another bit more specific type would be 435/Metcalf, Near the stadiums, noland road/I-70.

What kind of issues would it cause, if any, if ladies want something less specific. Something as simple as North, South, East, West. Would it really be a problem if this is what was used?

When first asked about this I thought....no way, I want the area narrowed down. As I have thought more about it I have decided that I can always find out a more specific area when I contact the lady. For me anyway, a more general area is fine for a review.

What are your thoughts?
I don't think a more specific area is a good idea. I think it's fine how it is IMHO.
  • JS42
  • 08-08-2010, 10:56 AM
This topic was brought up at aspd, and for good reason. Let's not help Larry out by being specific on location...let him work for it. Keep the ladies safe, which will also keep the guys safe. I use the N,S,E,W location, but that's just my preference.
I know you're asking the guys...but I'm stuck in bed, bored...due to the fact that I'm not working.
It IS true that if a guy is really interested in meeting the girl, he can find out from her more specifically where the location is.
but I can say this...I have had guys who were provided my address closer to the time of the appoinment...and had them back out at the last second because they didn't like the looks of the neighborhood.(NO, I'm not in the ghetto...I'm more or less across the street from William Chrisman...but if you're coming from Johnson County, I guess that could seem scary)
I think it would be helpful for guys to have a good idea of where they're going(even if not the specific address)...so they can see if it's an area where they feel comfortable doing business.
I would like to see a translation as follows:

For Kansas City, MO:
East - east of the Plaza/Downtown/Crown Center area
North - north of the river to Barry Road
Airport - north of Barry Road to Platte City
West - Westport area to StateLine Road
South - south of the Plaza/Downtown/Crown Center area (includes the triangle area, Bannister Road and 435 strips)
Central - Plaza/Crown Center/Downtown

For Kansas City, KS
East - east of I-635 to the State Line
West - west of I-635 but east of the Speedway area
Speedway - self-explanatory

For all other cities - the city name is sufficient

I don't really see the need to be any more specific than that.
I agree with JS42, narrow down as far as you can but only with North, South, East, West, and combinations of them; and then Central for Plaza/Crown Center/Downtown as Fritz mentioned.
  • Modda
  • 08-08-2010, 12:27 PM
may be I sound stupid...apologize this newbie. Does the location (N, E, W, S or Central, etc) matter? Providers change the locations (I know some doesn't) and they are giving the generic locations in their ads. Does it matter apart from CityName and/or CityName/State (KC/KS, KC/MO as an example). We can have more generic (and not specific) details in the BCD section.
  • kc1
  • 08-08-2010, 12:48 PM
I think we should just give the street address and gps coordinates.
I think it's more Important to note the level of safety,there's places in KC 2blocks apart and it's a whole different world! I prefer to know safe , clean, secure.
I would like to see a translation as follows:

For Kansas City, MO:
East - east of the Plaza/Downtown/Crown Center area
North - north of the river to Barry Road
Airport - north of Barry Road to Platte City
West - Westport area to StateLine Road
South - south of the Plaza/Downtown/Crown Center area (includes the triangle area, Bannister Road and 435 strips)
Central - Plaza/Crown Center/Downtown

For Kansas City, KS
East - east of I-635 to the State Line
West - west of I-635 but east of the Speedway area
Speedway - self-explanatory

For all other cities - the city name is sufficient

I don't really see the need to be any more specific than that. Originally Posted by fritz3552
That would be fine with me, as long as there is a permanent post with the translation listed, so someone who joins a year from now will know what "West" means.
..but if you're coming from Johnson County, I guess that could seem scary) Originally Posted by topnotchmassage
Yes, us highbrow Johnson County residents are as skittish as a deer so we need special accommodations to make us feel comfortable.

I don't really like the N,S,E, & W labels for locations because it is too general. I see nothing wrong with South OP, North OP, KCK, South KC, Midtown (encompasses pretty much Crown Center to the Plaza), downtown, NKC, near the airport eastern KC. I think this gives a better idea of where the location is and if I feel the area is safe, high risk, etc.
Yes, us highbrow Johnson County residents are as skittish as a deer so we need special accommodations to make us feel comfortable. Originally Posted by kcbigpapa
hehe I didn't mean that
but I get out my 500 count sheets for my table when I'm expecting one of you
I think just N S E or W KCMO, KCKS, JOCO, OP etc is good enough. Now if its a MP where there is no other contact info and they advertise the location an exact address is probably called for.
Personally, I just want to know the general area. SKC, NKC, Airport, The Hyatt room 714.....
  • kcjjj
  • 08-08-2010, 04:39 PM
I think that generic directions are fine with a little more specific info on the type of accommodation (clean safe hotel, rent by the hour drug infested hotel, etc)