Penalties : KS vs MO

KS : Class A misdemeanor , Mandatory $2500 fine and up to 12 months in county jail.

Mo : Class B Misdemeanor , Up to $500 and 6 months in jail.

I think I'll stay on this side of the border. No matter what the Lawrence AMPS got goin on.

https://www.crammlawfirm.com/what-ar...elated-charge/

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.co...s-missouri.htm
Both of those results are devastating enough that they are essentially identical (to me, anyway).
Both of those results are devastating enough that they are essentially identical (to me, anyway). Originally Posted by KCQuestor
Must be nice to be in a position to ignore the difference between $500 and $2500. You must be part of the 1% .

From what I understand, it also makes a difference what jurisdiction you're in.
Platte county for instance I've heard is very strict.
Maybe others can report.
This thread reminds me, the other day I was wondering how normal this sort of legal trouble is for people involved in the hobby. Obviously, I get that that will depend on the individual, who they meet and how often. But if you're only meeting established ladies from here, how great is the risk of legal trouble? I imagine the risk would be pretty low, but I'd love to hear from some more experienced hobbyists and providers. Feel free to message me if you'd prefer. Thanks!
Are these the penalties just for the guys? Or the ladies too?
Are these the penalties just for the guys? Or the ladies too? Originally Posted by cmore197474
Actually reading the articles is helpful :

"Prostitution is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $500. The court may also require the defendant to participate in drug or alcohol treatment.

Patronizing a prostitute is also a class B misdemeanor."
  • Fsn57
  • 07-12-2019, 06:39 AM
Must be nice to be in a position to ignore the difference between $500 and $2500. You must be part of the 1% .

... Originally Posted by Joey_Gleet
I imagine he was referring to other collateral damage that would make the difference between $2500 and $500 insignificant (such as divorce, loss of job, etc.). Such damage can affect much more than just 1%.
I imagine he was referring to other collateral damage that would make the difference between $2500 and $500 insignificant (such as divorce, loss of job, etc.). Such damage can affect much more than just 1%. Originally Posted by Fsn57
I understood that hence, the smiley face meant to indicate humor.
I think I'll stay on this side of the border. Originally Posted by Joey_Gleet

That's a relief..
That's a relief.. Originally Posted by malwoody
This from someone who has a Cowtown Ballroom sign as their avatar.

Got a good reason more recent then 2016 to come over to the land of three kinds of sun ?
Actually reading the articles is helpful :

"Prostitution is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $500. The court may also require the defendant to participate in drug or alcohol treatment.

Patronizing a prostitute is also a class B misdemeanor." Originally Posted by Joey_Gleet

Thanks for the answer Joey. The smartass comment is what we're trying to stop around here. If it were important enough to me and I had time to read the article or google it I would.
Thanks for the answer Joey. The smartass comment is what we're trying to stop around here. Originally Posted by cmore197474
Who's we?
Where's here?

My thought is when you take a break from the busy day ya may wanna go ahead study up rather than just rely on the word from another hobbyist.

The hobby is full of risk no matter what side of the stateline your on, Kansas is no more risky than Mizery is...the smart ones dont get caught.
If he wants to stay on that side of the line
, stay!
This thread reminds me, the other day I was wondering how normal this sort of legal trouble is for people involved in the hobby. Obviously, I get that that will depend on the individual, who they meet and how often. But if you're only meeting established ladies from here, how great is the risk of legal trouble? I imagine the risk would be pretty low, but I'd love to hear from some more experienced hobbyists and providers. Feel free to message me if you'd prefer. Thanks! Originally Posted by Mr.Frosty
Leo is always hanging out around the hobby. He doesn't have to follow your rules, he doesn't have to do anything. But when someone stupid starts to think that everything is Ok and it is too hard to be careful: watch out, that is when the low hanging fruit learns it doesn't pay to be careless.
And a safety factor also is in who you are seeing....screening goes both ways!