www.exposingjohns.com Anybody ever seen anything like this...

So, this is my first time posting in the nationl forum but hey, first time for everything right. like most hobbyist's I am very careful about my mongering, I have a pretty damn good life and I would just as soon not have that life and my mongering life cross paths. So imagine my surprise when I see this text message on my mongering phone...

+12024318078 Add - Washington, DC
10/21/13 2:13 PM 5 days ago
Inbox

+12024318078: *ALERT* You are listed on www.exposingjohns.com/ @#$-763-*(&# for soliciting a prostitute online for sex. Go to the above link to Delete your profile.

Does anybody have any info at all about these folks. Really feels like a scam for money to me. Although I sure wish I knew how they got that number. luckily for me, its just a online number that is not in anyway associated with the physical me. (that I am aware of). So, whats your take, anyone seen this before?
Wow.. just wow.. but that IS a "hobby" phone, right? I'd bust the sim card and get a new one if it were me.
Yeah, its not even a phone, just an internet number that I could send receive text messages from.
On a semi-related note, there is a guy in Oklahoma by the name of The Video Vigilante who does some exposing of his own.

http://www.youtube.com/user/videovigilanteokc
It's all bullshit and basically a shakedown.
Actually the site could be very posting stuff about people that are johns. I don't actually believe that number means anything but if you click search johns there are thousands of people on that site.

Serious concerns that people are being posted on there so never piss off a person who knows you do this or even a provider. The site says it gets reports from people and that some information is checked on provider boards.

One thing for sure is the site violates civil laws about defamation and even some criminal laws in some states. If I popped up on that site, I would contact as many of the johns as possible and initiate a class act suite against the website and its internet affiliates.
On a semi-related note, there is a guy in Oklahoma by the name of The Video Vigilante who does some exposing of his own.

http://www.youtube.com/user/videovigilanteokc Originally Posted by The Good Names Are Taken

He has his own website http://johntv.com

He needs to get a real job.....
Is this a multi-level marketing scam? I mean does the informant get something for being a snitch?
lol never seen this.. he seems like a wannabe reporter/snitch. probably is an ex con who can't hold a real job or with zero education so has to make his own site.
  • Old-T
  • 11-27-2013, 02:31 PM
One would hope they get prosecuted for black mail since their premise is you can post allegations about almost anyone, and that person can then pay to be removed.

Doubt it will happen, but I don't see a lot of philosophical difference.
A thread about this was edited and locked in another forum because of the potential to out hobbyists on this board who are listed on that site...just sayin'...
A thread about this was edited and locked in another forum because of the potential to out hobbyists on this board who are listed on that site...just sayin'... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
You know locking the thread wouldn't stop anything. if they are on that site, they already been outed, particularly if they have your real picture and your real name posted and the number they been using.
Let me be clear...I'm not advocating one way or the other...I'm just stating what has happened elsewhere here...

However, your real name is listed on multiple websites based on your address...would you want that website posted here with your name highlighted? The board doesn't care if your personal information is on the Interwebs...it cares if it's exposed here...

That website can die a slow death with no one visiting it...and then it's linked here and given publicity, which is exactly what that website owner wants...

Again, not making an argument one way or the other here...just stating how this board reacts to the publishing of personal information on its pages...
If you have a disposable phone and do your homework to make sure you see reputable providers why worry?
a number or name won't get listed simply by contacting a provider.
It's all bullshit and basically a shakedown. Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde
Is this a multi-level marketing scam? I mean does the informant get something for being a snitch? Originally Posted by RandB fan
One would hope they get prosecuted for black mail since their premise is you can post allegations about almost anyone, and that person can then pay to be removed. Originally Posted by Old-T
Brooke is correct, it is a shakedown site according to their TOS. But scare 100 backpage browsers a month and that makes a nice chunk of change. Yet another reason to avoid backpage and the TGTBT ads.

One thing for sure is the site violates civil laws about defamation and even some criminal laws in some states. If I popped up on that site, I would contact as many of the johns as possible and initiate a class act suite against the website and its internet affiliates. Originally Posted by dfw harley
True fact, but you would have to develop the class from people who actually paid the fee to be removed rather than those who were simply listed. Beyond that, the law is fuzzy to me at least how those who appear would file a suite, I will leave that to actual factual law people.