Do you realize how big the national debt is...

...and is going to get? I know that someone of you have been very loud that the national deficit is shrinking but you fail to mention how it ballooned under Obama first. Coming down now is good but it is still more than under Bush. Add in inflation (which cannot be denied) and Obama's new budget proposal and there is grave trouble on the horizon. In less than 10 years the interest on the debt (not deficit, try to keep up) will be more than what we currently spend on the military and defense of our country. This will drive up interest rates for borrowing which will stifle the economy further. Some will mistakenly think I'm saying that there will be no growth which is not what I'm saying. What I am saying that fewer businesses will be started, fewer houses will be purchased, and fewer entrepreneurs will get their ideas to the market place. Shortly after the 10 years the interest will be higher than all of the entitlement programs combined. What will we do then as a country? Default? Bear the load forever without any reward? Confiscate the income of the rich? Before that happens every rock star, every actor, every athlete, and every stock broker, businessman, and Kennedy will leave the country to preserve their wealth.

Now you can start quibbling about the numbers but you can't fault the logic.
...every rock star, every actor, every athlete, and every stock broker, businessman, and Kennedy will leave the country... Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Sounds like utopia
Even if Jennifer Lawrence leaves?
Jennifer stays, you leave.
oooh! Ooooh! Pick me Mister Kotter!