WITH DE BLASIO, NYCs FUTURE LOOKS BLEAK.........

You would think uber-liberal NYC would learn from it's prior dalliances with liberal minded mayors who drove NY into un-liveable conditions...........but no, looks like they want to repeat the mistakes of John Lindsay, Beam, Koch, and Dinkins.....they couldn't stomach Weiner or Spitzer, but have embraced De Balsio.

How liberal is De Blasio ? Very. And NYC business has reason to worry.
Many business executives fear his proposals—including a tax increase on the wealthy and left-of-center policies—could jeopardize New York's economic progress of the past two decades.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...855401072.html
You would think uber-liberal NYC would learn from it's prior dalliances with liberal minded mayors who drove NY into un-liveable conditions...........but no, looks like they want to repeat the mistakes of John Lindsay, Beam, Koch, and Dinkins.....they couldn't stomach Weiner or Spitzer, but have embraced De Balsio.

How liberal is De Blasio ? Very. And NYC business has reason to worry.
Many business executives fear his proposals—including a tax increase on the wealthy and left-of-center policies—could jeopardize New York's economic progress of the past two decades.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...855401072.html Originally Posted by Whirlaway
The proposed tax increases are bullshit rhetoric. The NY city mayor doesn't have the power to raise taxes. He has to get permission from the state and there is no way that Gov. Andrew Cuomo would ever let him raise them. Cuomo has made a big deal about holding down taxes and being fiscally responsible (at least in his speeches).

Cuomo knows that Wall Street can leave NYC and operate electronically elsewhere. With so much trading done on-line, there is no real reason that all the trading houses or the exchange have to stay in NY City. Connecticutt and NJ constantly beckon.

De Blasio knows that, too. He spouts off the pinko line of soak-the-rich BS so that he can get votes from the usual NY left-wing coalitions.

More worrisome are De Blasio's proposals regarding crime and policing.
  • CJ7
  • 09-16-2013, 02:45 PM
if you're whirlie the Mayor has he juice to raise taxes
But of course CJ7 and ExNYer know more about these things than the actual candidate...........

Bill de Blasio thinks a "wellspring" of public support for his plan to tax the city's highest-earners, in order to pay for universal pre-kindergarten, will be enough to carry the idea in Albany.

"When you say to people in this city and in fact all over the state, we need to invest in education so we don't fall behind, we need to invest in education so kids are not left out, I think there's going to be a wellspring of public support," he said at a press conference near Brooklyn's Borough Hall. "And that will affect the members of the Senate and the Assembly and that will affect the governor, possibly, as well. I am confident we will get this done in Year One."
And if DeBlasio doesn't get his tax increases ? It is still indicative of how far left DeBlasio is and his mindset for governing the city.....the failed policies of Dinkins will be repeated, in spades, by DeBlasio.

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/articl...-k-tax-through
  • CJ7
  • 09-16-2013, 02:57 PM
school taxes come from property tax, the mayor doesn't figure into property tax in any way
i heard if you invest 55 billion, you get access to the nsa as well, LE becum your Bitch, politician clear way for criminal activity ... cj7 where you green dot, do you have to be politician, organize crime, or le to get that special treatment.
But of course CJ7 and ExNYer know more about these things than the actual candidate........

Bill de Blasio thinks a "wellspring" of public support for his plan to tax the city's highest-earners, in order to pay for universal pre-kindergarten, will be enough to carry the idea in Albany.
"When you say to people in this city and in fact all over the state, we need to invest in education so we don't fall behind, we need to invest in education so kids are not left out, I think there's going to be a wellspring of public support," he said at a press conference near Brooklyn's Borough Hall. "And that will affect the members of the Senate and the Assembly and that will affect the governor, possibly, as well. I am confident we will get this done in Year One."
And if DeBlasio doesn't get his tax increases ? It is still indicative of how far left DeBlasio is and his mindset for governing the city.....the failed policies of Dinkins will be repeated, in spades, by DeBlasio. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
So, basically you are admitting - indirectly - that he doesn't have the power to raise taxes.

But rather than explicitly state that, you refer to the "actual candidate" himself and how, while admitting he doesn't have the power to raise taxes, he is going to carry the idea in Albany.

So, just what the fuck does that mean? De Blasio can spew out all the progressive pipe dreams he wants, but Cuomo is going to shut him down. Just like I said above.

And that's if the Republicans in the legislature don't stop him first.
  • CJ7
  • 09-16-2013, 03:04 PM
i heard if you invest 55 billion, you get access to the nsa as well ... cj7 where you green dot, do you have to be politician, organize crime, or le to get that special treatment. Originally Posted by HornyGirlHere

I'm smarter than the dot
The village idiot has spoken...........

school taxes come from property tax, the mayor doesn't figure into property tax in any way Originally Posted by CJ7
I hope they tax the shit out of those rich liberal assholes in NYC. They fund the liberal assholes running campaigns from coast to coast, with their liberal, pro homosexual, pro affirmative action, stupid fucking policies that have wrecked America. I hope he destroys NYC with taxes and fills it up with pan handlers, slumlords, welfare queens, crooks, homosexuals, trannies, deadbeats, drunks,drug addicts, and every taker under the sun. The power of liberal money needs to be broken and they need to reap the consequences of their disastrous liberal policies. FUCK NEW YORK.
The only good thing about the city is free admission to The Metropolitan Museum of Art, though I donated a twenty, of course. Got my little pin, damn little thing kept falling off.
Fucking parking near the Statue of Liberty, which should be free since the French gave us the fucking statue, is damn near 15 bucks per hour, the rapacious mother fuckers.
OK - they actually have good taxi drivers there, too.
:gunsmilie ::mf_plasmawhore :

username phdred: yes I know, johnny been dzug here ass well ...
It means New Yorkers are in for more tax and spend politics from a very left of center mayor. It means DeBlasio will embrace other left of center mis-management policies that will set the city back - like abandoning the Stop and Frisk policy of the NYPD. A policy overwhelmingly favored by minority residents who are victimized by thugs in their neighborhoods !
  • CJ7
  • 09-16-2013, 03:10 PM
The village idiot has spoken........... Originally Posted by Whirlaway

so shut upppp
Keep up the good work CJ......
It means New Yorkers are in for more tax and spend politics from a very left of center mayor. It means DeBlasio will embrace other left of center mis-management policies that will set the city back - like abandoning the Stop and Frisk policy of the NYPD. A policy overwhelmingly favored by minority residents who are victimized by thugs in their neighborhoods ! Originally Posted by Whirlaway
That policy seemed to be working - I didn't get mugged when I was there!!