pay yourself first in 2014

• jmm
  • 01-28-2014, 08:05 AM
Ladies,

It's time to save some of that hard earned money. Here's a couple easy ways to get started.

Open an IRA (and get a bigger tax refund this year)
Save your tax refund
Save a small amount every month

You're not the only one who makes things grow for a living! It's time to grow your money!

Savings plan, investment management, tax help, I'm your guy.
Good advice ladies, need to think about the future, there are several things you can do to reduce your tax bite, but still show decent income, enough for a loan, etc.
We are already doing all these and we want to save a big amount every month…not a small amount. I don't think I will want any random hobbyists handling my financials. We can always go to any investment professionals in our areas locally. It doesn't have to be a hobbyist.
Already filed taxes and got a nice size return. I save 40% of every dollar I earn unless I have a slow month and bills catch up.

I learned "How to save 101" in high school. But thanks for the added advice.
Already filed taxes and got a nice size return. I save 40% of every dollar I earn unless I have a slow month and bills catch up. I learned "How to save 101" in high school. But thanks for the added advice. Originally Posted by MaryBeth
go MB
We are already doing all these and we want to save a big amount every month…not a small amount. I don't think I will want any random hobbyists handling my financials. We can always go to any investment professionals in our areas locally. It doesn't have to be a hobbyist. Originally Posted by samantha thom

Give the man a break, Sam. I'm pretty sure that hes just offering his advice free of charge. It is something all ladies should consider doing. I'm pretty sure that he's not expecting a lady to be stupid enough to hand over her RL info to get her taxes done, or receive financial advice. At least I hope not.
  • jmm
  • 02-16-2014, 05:58 AM
Thanks TJ!

Sam and MB kudos to you both for being ahead of the pack, sadly most aren't (not just hobby girls, most PEOPLE are behind).

So I assume you both took your home office deduction and wrote off a portion of your electric, utilities, phone, cable, and all other house related bills...?
Already filed taxes and got a nice size return. I save 40% of every dollar I earn unless I have a slow month and bills catch up.

I learned "How to save 101" in high school. But thanks for the added advice. Originally Posted by MaryBeth

That is so smart! I am not quite that good. This is good advice. It is amazing how many folks with GREAT incomes, have no assets or even cash on hand to fix their vehicle or pay for business expenses. It's sad.
99% dont pay taxes here and then whine about needing a car loan or proof to get a nice place.