Places to stay and/or avoid in Austin :)

Hey guys I am considering a trip to the capitol soon but, I have absolutely no clue where I should and/or shouldn't stay.

Any help, advice, ideas or information would be great!

Can't wait!
There's a really nice Motel at E. Airport blvd & Oak Springs.
E. 290 & Springdale is another good area to stay. lots of friendly people and good dining in that area
There's a really nice Motel at E. Airport blvd & Oak Springs.
E. 290 & Springdale is another good area to stay. lots of friendly people and good dining in that area Originally Posted by Little Monster
I'm not sure what his game is, but both of those areas are ghetto shitholes. He's deliberately trying to steer you wrong. No one will come to see you if you stay near those areas.

Stay away from Williamson County. Check the thread at the top of this forum.

Also, avoid I-35 for a few miles north of US 183.

Many folks don't like the hassle of going downtown. Traffic is also bad getting to or through downtown. There are probably more folks north of downtown than south.

The area around 183 and Loop one is good, but be sure you don't go too far north and end up in Williamson County.
I'm not sure what his game is, but both of those areas are ghetto shitholes. He's deliberately trying to steer you wrong. No one will come to see you if you stay near those areas.

Stay away from Williamson County. Check the thread at the top of this forum.

Also, avoid I-35 for a few miles north of US 183.

Many folks don't like the hassle of going downtown. Traffic is also bad getting to or through downtown. There are probably more folks north of downtown than south.

The area around 183 and Loop one is good, but be sure you don't go too far north and end up in Williamson County. Originally Posted by GneissGuy

It's called joking & having a sense of humor that's what game it is!!! The post wasn't meant or expected to be taken serious!!! we get this same thread twice a week so I had no doubt at all that an informative poster such as yourself was gonna come in steer her in the right direction.
Sadly enough I would have never known you were joking :/ thanks for the info guys I know now where to stay away from?? Or at least I think so.

I have only visited Austin leisurely in the past before I was ever in the hobby so I really had/have no idea where to stay.
Well then my apologies to you Bailey no harm meant, here's another recent thread on the same subject

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=740503
No worries I suppose new territory can cause one to be a bit vulnerable

Thank you for the link!
That's just NASTY ... was scratching my head, I mean I like to joke and have FUN, but at least put a smiley or LOL next to it....

And knowing that Little Monster likes to push South Austin, I'll get it going with my place, as in: Stay in the Domain/Arboretum area (360 / Mopac = 1 / Research = 183)
Here: http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...12&postcount=1
That's just NASTY ... was scratching my head, I mean I like to joke and have FUN, but at least put a smiley or LOL next to it....

And knowing that Little Monster likes to push South Austin, I'll get it going with my place, as in: Stay in the Domain/Arboretum area (360 / Mopac = 1 / Research = 183)
Here: http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...12&postcount=1 Originally Posted by fun2come

Nasty.

That's cool I apologized to the OP and she forgave me and knows I was kidding thats all that matters.
You can think whatever you want to about me I don't think I will be losing any sleep <------ there's one of those smiley face thingies!!!

all good, no pledge for South Austin ??? disappointing
C'mon Mods, the time is way past due to sticky one of these "where should I stay in Austin" threads. Just not this one.
www.priceline.com

I prefer the area called "Central" which is north of downtown. But not "North" which includes the areas within a couple miles of Rundberg. I generally would not go anywhere north of Anderson.
  • jismo
  • 05-20-2013, 09:14 PM
Stay near the domain area. lots of good food. And north enough I can visit.
South Austin isnt that bad... Ben White & 35 area has a few safe and discreet places like the Comfort Suites, Marriot & Candlewood Suites....The Domain area is ok also