Turkey/Kurds

• WTF
  • 04-30-2017, 10:34 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...z&ocid=U221DHP

Turkey threatens further strikes on US-allied Syrian Kurds ...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...z&ocid=U221DHP

Turkey threatens further strikes on US-allied Syrian Kurds ...

. Originally Posted by WTF
ergodan is a blood thirsty idiot.
  • WTF
  • 04-30-2017, 11:54 AM
ergodan is a blood thirsty idiot. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
So is the friend of our enemy and our friend our enemy or friend?
So is the friend of our enemy and our friend our enemy or friend? Originally Posted by WTF
I'd say enemy. but they are friends as a matter of "convenience".

it can get confusing in that part of the world. I don't like their politics.
So is the friend of our enemy and our friend our enemy or friend? Originally Posted by WTF
Shut the FUCK UP, GBjr...WTF?

Erdogan arrogated even more power to himself under Turkey's recent "election."

He sure is hell-bent on shit-canning once and for all the secular vision of Kemal Ataturk.

Aren't the Kurds the only people who come close to being a US ally in that region? Not sure how we can benefit from that in a non-chaotic way, though. What a fucking mess.
Erdogan arrogated even more power to himself under Turkey's recent "election."

He sure is hell-bent on shit-canning once and for all the secular vision of Kemal Ataturk.

Aren't the Kurds the only people who come close to being a US ally in that region? Not sure how we can benefit from that in a non-chaotic way, though. What a fucking mess. Originally Posted by Ex-CEO
the Kurds are in a sense our "real" ally. they have supported everything we have done in the region. I think they are mostly grateful for having their back in the creation of the no-fly zone in Iraq under saddams rule.

turkey is a different case. a basket case of unresolved issues emmanating from the after effects of WWI and the Armenian genocide.
  • WTF
  • 04-30-2017, 01:21 PM
Shut the FUCK UP, GBjr...WTF?

Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
I do realize that this subject is above simpleton pay grade. When so , you revert to your usual ignorance.

I did not expect you to add to the conversation. Sadly , I was correct.

I agree with what many have stated...the Kurds are nostly our friends but it is because they rely almost entirely on our support.

the Kurds are in a sense our "real" ally. they have supported everything we have done in the region. I think they are mostly grateful for having their back in the creation of the no-fly zone in Iraq under saddams rule.

turkey is a different case. a basket case of unresolved issues emmanating from the after effects of WWI and the Armenian genocide. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Let's build up the Armenians for 10 years and then turn them loose on the moose limbs. Pay back is due!

Kurds killed Armenians too!

I do realize that this subject is above simpleton pay grade. Originally Posted by WTF
Then why would a simple-minded simpleton like you start a thread about it?
I do realize that this subject is above simpleton pay grade. When so , you revert to your usual ignorance.

I did not expect you to add to the conversation. Sadly , I was correct.

I agree with what many have stated...the Kurds are nostly our friends but it is because they rely almost entirely on our support.

. Originally Posted by WTF
You Meyerland boys ain't the only ones to suffer from genocide, WTF... Deny it all you want...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE-XI6blXB0
  • WTF
  • 04-30-2017, 04:02 PM
Then why would a simple-minded simpleton like you start a thread about it? Originally Posted by lustylad
To flush out you whiney ass simpleton Syrian baby lovers

Let's build up the Armenians for 10 years and then turn them loose on the moose limbs. Pay back is due!

Kurds killed Armenians too!

Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
yes, that is true, but Turks encouraged them to join in. Kurds did not really get involved until much later and with strong Turkish encouragement.

however, Armenia is allied with Russia and they are in cold war with Azerbaijan (allied with Turks) over the Nagorno-karabakh province.