Hobbyist/Providers Two Cents-NCNS/Tainted Reviews

I am not one to part take in hobby politics but I would please like for the members to clarify something for me. I ask that you be civil in your response because I am really looking for a genuine answer: whether I like it or not.

I believe that time is of the essence and EVERYONE should be respectful of each other's time. Hobby life or not.

I had a new client refereed to me by a member I have seen on the board before. His references checked out. We had our appt and everything went fine...or so I thought. He scheduled a 2hr session for later on in the week. I text him the day before the meeting. No reply. I text him the day of our session. No reply.

The following day a provider contacts me for a reference check. I told her the session went smoothly he did not haggle me. He set my donation out upon arrival. I told her I would not see him again because he booked a session and was NCNS.

I then politely text him and told him he may not use me as a reference. I can't lie to another provider and tell her yes I would see someone again if I know I wouldn't.

A couple of hours later I get a text from an unknown number stating they will not see me because of my new review. I log on to check it out...

Long story short, not wanting to allow a client to use you as a reference doesn't justify a bad review if it doesn't have to do with the session...RIGHT?

And it's unfortunate because this client is AA. And I am a provider who will see AA clients but it seems like they are always the ones who have an "issue." And I'm not saying it's all AA clients...just the few bad ones who ruin it for others.

And the other thing I would like to know how one bad review after so many good reviews affects a client's decision on either or not he will see a provider.

Everyone's two cents is appreciated.

Thank you

Talia
xoxo

Ladies if you would like his handle please PM-I am not a spiteful person and Im not trying to ruin his hobby fun but I do not appreciate false info being shared.
  • grean
  • 08-26-2015, 03:40 PM
There seems to be disconnect between the two versions of the story.

He said He originally scheduled an appointment on Tusday but saw you sooner. He said after the first appointment he chose not to see you again, citing lack of chemistry. (This happens) You say he NCNS the second appointment.

What did he say when he contacted you to have the original appointment sooner? Did he say he was going to have a 2nd appointment?
It can cost us as providers. I've turned down appts because I already have something else at that time. So not only was I was out what he was supposed to pay for that time period but sometimes will cost me future business from the other person who requested something during that same time slot.
Sometimes it can cost the lady more if she gets a hotel as well.
I came up to Dallas after getting 6 requests, I haven't seen any of those 6 guys. Spent yesterday alone after making plans that fell through and only one today which doesn't even pay for my room.
Some ladies may have to pay for childcare as well.
Guys may lose time from work or they may have to pay childcare if they are a single parent as well. They also have drive time and other things are possible too, but since I'm not a guy, I don't know their expenses with a NCNS

As for giving references, be honest. I've had guys that were NCNS use me as a reference and I will be honest with the lady.
Talia I find it funny you play the race card . But any ways I kept everything respectful . I asked you did you want to see the review before I put it out there . You said you don't care . Am I right or wrong ?
I am confused.

If there was no chemistry why did he schedule the next session right then and there during our first meeting-WHILE we were in session??

Why after i text the client the day before and the day of the scheduled session I get no reply.

But the following day when another provider asks for a reference check and I decline because he is a NCNS do I get a bad review?

And yes Lee_Lucas I told you you may not use me a reference because I feel like you are not respectful of one's time. And I asked you no to longer contact me.

And just to clarify I am mixed with AA-so no its not like Im against you. It just unfortunate that AA like you make it hard for the AA who are gentlemen and do not do passive aggressive things like you.
Hi Talia, I read the review and I found it to be objective and non-malicious. This guy went out of his way to clarify that the two of you just did not click. All mature adults can understand that. So, even though it was a "no" review, I don't think anyone looked at it as a necessarily bad review. In my opinion, I don't think this "no" was a retaliatory one, just an objective view of his personal experience. If his intent was to make you look bad in any way, he did a poor, poor, job of accomplishing his goal, lol!
Thats ease I told you that I had to be at the doctors that day . I didn't need to say anything else . I was already gonna write a review on you . I talked to my other hobby friends and told them when I find the time I was gonna do so . I gave you the opportunity to see it before anyone else . Also in your own words you weren't gonna post an alert . The whole base of your argument is that you lost out on money . That's what it boils down to . On the review I stated it was just a simple chemistry issue . In this business your not gonna please everyone . I kept the review tasteful . If you wasn't so anti social you would of seen this review . I told you twice I was gonna write one .
I dont think it had anything to do with AA its a lack of courtesy now days. Either some are contacting multiple providers for the same day appointment and time in the event a few a cant book with them. They still have plan B or C. Which leaves the other girls hanging waiting for a reply for confirmation and he has already moved on. I once received a email that was meant for another girl so I replied back, saying wrong girl. I never heard from him again after that.

I have given out my addresses after the screening process when I went to confirm time was then I received a reply that he wanted to cancel.
And all mine have been of many races not one was AA. So it has nothing to do with race.
I am confused.

If there was no chemistry why did he schedule the next session right then and there during our first meeting-WHILE we were in session??

Why after i text the client the day before and the day of the scheduled session I get no reply.

But the following day when another provider asks for a reference check and I decline because he is a NCNS do I get a bad review?

And yes Lee_Lucas I told you you may not use me a reference because I feel like you are not respectful of one's time. And I asked you no to longer contact me.

And just to clarify I am mixed with AA-so no its not like Im against you. It just unfortunate that AA like you make it hard for the AA who are gentlemen and do not do passive aggressive things like you. Originally Posted by Talia of Dallas
Talia you could have saved the AA remark actually that remark hurts your credibility- if Lee Lucas was white would you be saying White guys like you make it hard for the White gentlemen.....
This is the exact point I mentioned in the Alert section with Asian.dude- he was aggressive with 2 providers in a span of 10 days and didn't pay on either session- yet I don't hear any provider saying: he just made it hard for other Asian guys, yet the minute a provider doesn't click with an African American here comes the NBA and race card.
If you two didn't click for whatever reason(s) shit happens and move on- I assume if any AA sees you and if he were to write a NO review you will play the race card. There's one AA I know who has stated that he has seen you numerous times and spoke highly of you. Obviously you and Lee didn't click and he has the right to give his honest assessment of the session without fear of being backlashed.
He did have the session correct? And did pay the required fee and didn't harm you correct? You can't get mad because you didn't live up to his expectation(s)/ Maybe this wasn't your intention, but you are coming off as someone who will get very spiteful if a guy gives you a NO recommendation and honestly that will scare off a lot of clients.
  • grean
  • 08-26-2015, 04:30 PM
Well in any case, a review was written. Hobbiest really dont want to write bad reviews. Obviously its going to upset the provider whether or not she thought it was a fair recommendation. Probably not the greatest idea to use a provider as a reference if you gave a poor review?kinda like using an employer who fired you as a job reference.
Hi Talia, I read the review and I found it to be objective and non-malicious. This guy went out of his way to clarify that the two of you just did not click. All mature adults can understand that. So, even though it was a "no" review, I don't think anyone looked at it as a necessarily bad review. In my opinion, I don't think this "no" was a retaliatory one, just an objective view of his personal experience. If his intent was to make you look bad in any way, he did a poor, poor, job of accomplishing his goal, lol! Originally Posted by DarkeyKong
Correct- if Talia knew what was in the review she would not be quick to point fingers because the review was a very soft no and he admitted the two didn't click- actually it was one of the nicest NO reviews I have read recently- but I can assure you 100 percent that Lee Lucas was going to write a NO review way before their NCNS fiasco- trust me I would put my membership on the line that after the session Mr.Lucas was not a satisfied customer and again WALDT and that's his right- but it's becoming a sad day when the race card keeps coming up and AA hobbyist have to be used as scapegoats= heck NO reviews are written every day- it comes with the territory.
  • L.A.
  • 08-26-2015, 04:40 PM
I am not one to part take in hobby politics but I would please like for the members to clarify something for me. I ask that you be civil in your response because I am really looking for a genuine answer: whether I like it or not.

I believe that time is of the essence and EVERYONE should be respectful of each other's time. Hobby life or not.

I had a new client refereed to me by a member I have seen on the board before. His references checked out. We had our appt and everything went fine...or so I thought. He scheduled a 2hr session for later on in the week. I text him the day before the meeting. No reply. I text him the day of our session. No reply.

The following day a provider contacts me for a reference check. I told her the session went smoothly he did not haggle me. He set my donation out upon arrival. I told her I would not see him again because he booked a session and was NCNS.

I then politely text him and told him he may not use me as a reference. I can't lie to another provider and tell her yes I would see someone again if I know I wouldn't.

A couple of hours later I get a text from an unknown number stating they will not see me because of my new review. I log on to check it out...

Long story short, not wanting to allow a client to use you as a reference doesn't justify a bad review if it doesn't have to do with the session...RIGHT?

And it's unfortunate because this client is AA. And I am a provider who will see AA clients but it seems like they are always the ones who have an "issue." And I'm not saying it's all AA clients...just the few bad ones who ruin it for others.

And the other thing I would like to know how one bad review after so many good reviews affects a client's decision on either or not he will see a provider.

Everyone's two cents is appreciated.

Thank you

Talia
xoxo

Ladies if you would like his handle please PM-I am not a spiteful person and Im not trying to ruin his hobby fun but I do not appreciate false info being shared. Originally Posted by Talia of Dallas
I'll be honest with you. You said you texted him the day before the appointment and didn't hear back from him. In my mind you no longer have a confirmed appointment.
You then don't hear back from him the day before or the day of the appointment so you really really no longer have a confirmed appointment.
I know there is potential that if you scheduled that time with somebody else and he finally contacts you back and you have to turn him away that could cause issues also. But this is either your livelihood or it contributes to it and you depend on that income so I would expect you to fill that time slot if you didn't hear from me.
I've always confirmed the day before and again an hour before the appointment or right before I leave my house or work. If that doesn't happen then I don't expect the session to happen.

Now on another note....no matter how right you are posts like these rarely work out in your favor. You are well spoken and have presented your side in a polite and rational manner. I understand the urge to dispute a No review but in reality a "No" from somebody who has been on the board for 2 months, has 13 posts and his 2nd review really won't make much impact if you counter that with some good reviews from people with more board credibility. The good reviews of course would be from providing good sessions (not implying you wouldn't).

Anywho....that's my 2 cents.
Well in any case, a review was written. Hobbiest really dont want to write bad reviews. Obviously its going to upset the provider whether or not she thought it was a fair recommendation. Probably not the greatest idea to use a provider as a reference if you gave a poor review?kinda like using an employer who fired you as a job reference. Originally Posted by grean
You make a good point, lol!
  • grean
  • 08-26-2015, 05:17 PM
Talia,

As L.A pointed out, if you texted him the day before and did not receive a reply, and you texted him on the day of with still no reply, and given that he moved the original appointment up, I really think there was a big misunderstanding.

If you dont get a confirmation at least the day of, I'd probably open that time up for another guy.

As far as money lost.... Jump into the ISO forum and you've got yourself plenty to pick from.
Wow. So sorry that happened to you. That's so unfair. Or when they claim you don't do things that you actually do, turns other hobbyists off. It's a damn shame. !