Address field in ERs

Hi guys, since I have never seen an ER being input or how the process works, I have a couple of questions about the Address field please.

1. Why is this field necessary, if the reviewer has already provided the city and state? Is this a required field?

2. Is there a pop-up descriptor next to the Address field that states something to the effect of "DON'T BE SPECIFIC" when someone is writing his ER? If not, can one be added please?

As always, thank you for all that you do to make our board a great place to be!

Candice
1 - helps with general area ( North of 435, East of 150, South of I70 etc.)
2 - it does say not to be too specific
I dont think the reviewer is supposed to put down an address per se, just a general location like the part of town or city. Usually the mods delete the address when it's too spot on. As it should be.
1. Yes
2. No and no

If you take some time to view encounter reports in other communities, such as Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio and others (Nebraska & Iowa for example), you will notice address field entries that list an intersection of two specific streets or hiways. It seems the only address deemed too specific in those communities is the mention of the actual name of a hotel or motel or apartment complex.

In Kansas City and to some degree in Wichita, we have for several years routinely modified address listings deemed too specific, including the listing of intersections. The reason this practice was started was to provide an additional layer of safety for the ladies in an ugly climate regarding the local constables. There is some question as to why we still do this.

One last thing, there are so many software revisions and maintenance tasks needed to keep this site running, taking time to add a note warning a writer not to be too specific with his address entry would be counter productive to the many other communties wherein a more specific address is desired and encouraged, not to mention such a request would be so far down the priority list it would likely never happen.
1. Yes
2. No and no Originally Posted by scorpio31
Thank you for the info, sir.

I'll tighten up processes on the TCB end!