Good VPNs?

Just got a burner VPN?. Barely got it set up, no wifi yet. What are some good VPN apps I can use to help keep privacy?
PIA VPN is the best. They’ve proven in court that they do not collect or store any data from their users
Just got a burner VPN?. Barely got it set up, no wifi yet. What are some good VPN apps I can use to help keep privacy? Originally Posted by TylerDFight1

Honestly, the most important thing is that the VPN does not log your activity since if LEOs ever got involved, that would be a huge issue given that VPNs theoretically have the ability to act within a "man in the middle". Private Internet Access claims to have such a no logging policy and in court has proven (at least in the past) that they do not log users ( read this https://torrentfreak.com/private-int...-court-180606/) which makes it a pretty solid choice. I think the best option would be to use perhaps cash > prepaid card > PIA (or maybe add crypto as an extra step?). That said, POTENTIALLY in the future PIA may/could change the policies that they use but for now they seem pretty good. However, I would add that using a cellphone at all could potentially be problematic but that is a different story...
Depends... will you be using BitTorrent? What speed is too slow? Encryption? Privacy? Location of servers? Netflix and chill? There are a lot of variables and no 1-size fits all VPN (i.e. "the best VPNs for 2021! articles with a hundred pop-ups amongst ad after ad after ad)

https://www.vpn.com/guide/spreadsheet/ might be a good place to begin to familiarize yourself with the nuanced differences, but there may be better sites out there

I'll not mention who I eventually chose, why, and for how long I've used their service so as to not influence your decision. When you're ready though, I'll be happy to share whatever insights I can offer.
I never heard of a burner VPN. Can you educate me?

I've been paying for Proton Plus since they hit the market. When you log on, they give you the choice (and show you how busy the servers are) in over 80 + countries where they have servers, and give you the choice of bouncing your connection through up to two countries. I usually choose two EU countries, as they have to operate under the GDPR - privacy is the law in the EU.
Just got a burner VPN?. Barely got it set up, no wifi yet. What are some good VPN apps I can use to help keep privacy? Originally Posted by TylerDFight1

Burner VPN?? Is it free? If it's free then you're the product.

"Good" is relative, as fingercuffs asked...what is your use case?

And privacy from who? Most any VPN will "mask" your online activity from your ISP.

In the "hobby" world I look at privacy at a couple different levels:

1) Keeping secrets from significant other & providers

2) Keeping stuff hidden from local LE

3) Keeping stuff hidden from Feds

The privacy rabbit hole runs deep and one can really get lost in the weeds

Personally I'll be switching my VPN provider this year. I have no complaints about my current provider, it was just setup under a different premise and I planning on really diving down the privacy rabbit hole by the beginning of 2023.

My top two picks for VPN:

1) Proton
2) PIA
absolutely right mr repairman-jack
anyone know this which is the best vpn in browser
Also read an article over the weekend..it seems Apple did not fix the issue with VPNs potentially leaking data on IOS devices.
Depends... will you be using BitTorrent? What speed is too slow? Encryption? Privacy? Location of servers? Netflix and chill? There are a lot of variables and no 1-size fits all VPN (i.e. "the best VPNs for 2021! articles with a hundred pop-ups amongst ad after ad after ad)

https://www.vpn.com/guide/spreadsheet/ might be a good place to begin to familiarize yourself with the nuanced differences, but there may be better sites out there

I'll not mention who I eventually chose, why, and for how long I've used their service so as to not influence your decision. When you're ready though, I'll be happy to share whatever insights I can offer. Originally Posted by fingercuffs
this link are not working?
anyone know this which is the best vpn in browser Originally Posted by Johnnyshakes

Again "best" is vague.

What are you looking to "hide"?

Currently Proton is at the top of my list, they are not a member of a 5,9, or 14 eye country and allow payment via bitcoin

PIA is my number 2 choice, they allow payment bitcoin and via random git cards

Mullvad will take payment via cash.
Again "best" is vague.

What are you looking to "hide"?

Currently Proton is at the top of my list, they are not a member of a 5,9, or 14 eye country and allow payment via bitcoin

PIA is my number 2 choice, they allow payment bitcoin and via random git cards

Mullvad will take payment via cash. Originally Posted by Repairman-Jack
Great I will Cheak thank you!
opera is in browser
opera is in browser Originally Posted by LilithOfAbilene

Opera VPN isn't technically a VPN, it is more of a secure proxy...and again if something is free there is a good change you are the product.
My son is in Cyper Security, and he got me Express VPN and told me to use my hotspot in hotels. He said that if him and his friend wanted to get on my machine they could still find away.