Recommendation for SMS app/burner phone

Hello everyone,
I am looking for recommendation for texting/sms app that is best suited for hobbying.

What app are you currently using and are you happy with it's connectivity/reliability?

I have been a long time user of coverme but recently their service has been terrible. In the latest incident, while I was waiting in the hotel parking lot for the room number, the text from my host arrived 2hr late. Of course, we both thought that the other one has ghosted. (We did eventually meetup later after exchanging screenshot of delayed messages as proof of good intentions.)

I would like to move to a better service and I am looking for feedback from other users.
In addition to a phone app, having the ability to send sms/text from browser or website will be a great plus (like some business phone apps).

Thanks for reading.
Jay
P.S. Looking for sms app, not suggestions for a second phone.
Ad Hoc Labs is good
Any app is only as good as what the other person is using. In order to keep SMS from your ISP or phone bill, using an app is a great idea, but the other person needs to use the same app. Otherwise it's worthless.

Signal is probably the easiest and can be used as a direct replacement for your SMS app. But the other person needs to use it too. Signal will keep SMS records from your ISP and you can set messages to expire or delete from both phones.

I like signal and whatsapp for being easy, some girls are converting to at least whatsapp. I don't care if FB or LEO can get messages, I'm trying to hide from ISP and quick glances of my phone. If LE is asking for my SMS, I have bigger problems.

Signal and whatsappp have desktop versions or use on multiple devices.

Google Voice works well for having another number to text to on the same phone that doesn't show up on normal records and texts easily from a desktop / browser.

mysudo can be used like a google voice number too, but it costs a little.
Any app is only as good as what the other person is using. In order to keep SMS from your ISP or phone bill, using an app is a great idea, but the other person needs to use the same app. Otherwise it's worthless.

Signal is probably the easiest and can be used as a direct replacement for your SMS app. But the other person needs to use it too. Signal will keep SMS records from your ISP and you can set messages to expire or delete from both phones.

I like signal and whatsapp for being easy, some girls are converting to at least whatsapp. I don't care if FB or LEO can get messages, I'm trying to hide from ISP and quick glances of my phone. If LE is asking for my SMS, I have bigger problems.

Signal and whatsappp have desktop versions or use on multiple devices.

Google Voice works well for having another number to text to on the same phone that doesn't show up on normal records and texts easily from a desktop / browser.

mysudo can be used like a google voice number too, but it costs a little. Originally Posted by pertpvyztrzv

I prefer Signal but seems most providers don't use it..also a fan of mysudo
I have been using the "text Free" app for years. It gives me a random phone number that I can change if I want to. You can watch advertisements for free phone minutes if needed and texting is free.
My recommendation would be BOOST THROW AWAY OR A BASIC TEXT /CALL PHONE FROM TMOBILE or go to A B WIRELESS and ask for Sunny or MIKE THE ONE IN NORTH SIDE OR PASADENA tell them you need a cheap throw away for HOBBY PURPOSES.