Business as usual at the bird in LFK

Found myself in Lawrence Friday afternoon around 3. Stopped in and it was ground hog day. That is, the same thing happens every time I go in this place.
2 dancers sitting together on one side, two dancers sitting together at the bar, 2 dancers sitting with a couple of regulars. I had a couple thousand in my pocket and couldn’t hardly get a waitress to notice me. The dancers wouldn’t even make eye contact.
After an hour or so I’m ready to go and a cute girl, coco? Something like that comes over and sits down says she is up to dance next. I bought her a shot and told her I had to go but it was great to meet her and I would stop in next week and see her again.
I really think these girls get paid by the hour and don’t care about tips. Just blows my mind.
Did they do the mandatory tip after the dance? Gotta love that.
Never heard of the mandatory tip after dance here, except by scammers. On the rest, I think they must pay some of the cute ones that you never see do anything. Has to be like that. My other theory is they have a few deep pocket regulars that they hit regularly enough, and those guys likely think they like them not their money. It’s hard to gauge the sucker traffic, but you can expect it’s there.
I have never had problems getting attention there. Make sure you too the girls on stage. Even if you are not interested. Those girls will probably try to sit with you. Be polite and just say you are getting settled in an not ready for a dance yet. When someone you like is on stage ask them to stop by when they get a chance.

They don't know how much money you have in your pocket. They probably deal with a bunch of guys implying they have money. Be respectful and patient and it will be less frustrating.
moved from KC to Wichita/KS
moved from KC to Wichita/KS Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon
Lawrence can pretty much be considered part of the KC metro area these days. It would take me the same time to drive Temptations as to the Flamingo.