Cash Remittances to Mexico Set $26B Record in 2017, Says Central Bank

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2018/...-central-bank/

well, here's the solution to fund the wall.. tax those remittances!!!! put a $10 tax on it!
#1: The article says "Mexicans," but doesn't explain how they have identified the senders or receivers as being citizens of Mexico.

#2: It should be 10% not $10.

#3: I'll have to look to determine the "interest" rates paid by Mexican banks on U.S. dollar accounts.*

https://tradingeconomics.com/mexico/interest-rate

Ranging from almost 6% to 7.25% in December 2017. That will attract U.S. citizens to deposit funds in Mexican banks ... which they have historical done at their own risk.

In the past they've had a nasty practice of enticing U.S. dollar accounts with a higher interest rate and then devaluing the peso, and paying the depositors in pesos rather than dollars. They (Mexican Government) also has done that with contracts on borrowings from the World Bank (supported by U.S. funding, which is #1 on funding).
I say make it 20% tax on remittances!
No tax should be imposed on U.S. citizens if they send money to Mexico.
No tax should be imposed on U.S. citizens if they send money to Mexico. Originally Posted by LexusLover
actually, it should. why should it not be?
actually, it should. why should it not be? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I agree. Why should us citizens who send money to other countries not pay the same tax as an illegal alien??
actually, it should. why should it not be? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
That's not the point!

Why should there be a tax on me moving my money to any bank I want to move it in the World?

It's not my responsibility to justify my freedoms, it's your responsibility to justify their restriction or prohibition.

#1. Have you ever lived in Mexico?
#2. Do you have family who live in Mexico?
#3. Do you have friends who live in Mexico?
#4. Do you know any U.S. citizens who live in Mexico?

There are four reasons right there why no tax should be on the money I send to Mexico no matter how I send it or TAKE IT.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...-into-or-leave

Now the killer question is: How you gonna enforce it?
It’s hearwarming to watch you conduct a class in reality for these fucking idiots.

Keep up the wood work, LLiarMan.

BTW — how often do you send money to offshore banks?
AssUp, you mean you don't know the answer to your question?

And all this time I thought you knew all about me. WTF pretends to.

So, since you decided to jump into the topic ...

WTF just has workers who do.
That's not the point!

Why should there be a tax on me moving my money to any bank I want to move it in the World? Originally Posted by LexusLover
Cause you are removing money from OUR economy..

#4. Do you know any U.S. citizens who live in Mexico? Originally Posted by LexusLover
1 no, 2 no, 3 yes (3 of my fellow navy retirees decided to retire down there), 4 (see 3!).
  • WTF
  • 01-05-2018, 04:32 PM

WTF just has workers who do. Originally Posted by LexusLover
There you go lying again...i have no employees.
That's not the point!

Why should there be a tax on me moving my money to any bank I want to move it in the World?

It's not my responsibility to justify my freedoms, it's your responsibility to justify their restriction or prohibition.

There are four reasons right there why no tax should be on the money I send to Mexico no matter how I send it or TAKE IT.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...-into-or-leave

Now the killer question is: How you gonna enforce it? Originally Posted by LexusLover
I'm not talking about banks. they already charge a decent fee for wire transfers. those aren't the banks I'm referring.

I'm talking about the money transfer outfits like Western Union and Paypal. their transfer rates are actually cheaper than the banks for transferring money overseas.

most illegals don't use banks as they have funny ids.
There you go lying again...i have no employees. Originally Posted by WTF
who cleans your balls then???
I'm not talking about banks. they already charge a decent fee for wire transfers. those aren't the banks I'm referring.

I'm talking about the money transfer outfits like Western Union and Paypal. their transfer rates are actually cheaper than the banks for transferring money overseas.

most illegals don't use banks as they have funny ids. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
How do you know what “most illegals” do, BONE COLLECTOR?

The fuck do you know about PayPal and them other “outfits,” BONE COLLECTOR?

Does it have anything to do with Dick gifs, BONE COLLECTOR?

Or was your
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2018/...-central-bank/

well, here's the solution to fund the wall.. tax those remittances!!!! put a $10 tax on it! Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I say make it 20% tax on remittances! Originally Posted by garhkal
No tax should be imposed on U.S. citizens if they send money to Mexico. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I agree. Why should us citizens who send money to other countries not pay the same tax as an illegal alien?? Originally Posted by garhkal
Cause you are removing money from OUR economy..

1 no, 2 no, 3 yes (3 of my fellow navy retirees decided to retire down there), 4 (see 3!). Originally Posted by garhkal

most illegals don't use banks as they have funny ids. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
The "fees" charged by banks and/or "transfer outfits" are not "taxes" .... they are FEES charged by the transferring facility.

With all due respect I believe that a tax ONLY on "transfer outfits" money wiring and not on bank money wiring wouldn't pass constitutional muster.

Another point you made is not based on reality and that is the amount of money being sent and from whom. In the mid-80's I had the uncomfortable experience of listening to an audiotape of the torture and death of a DEA agent who was stationed in and kidnapped in Guadalajara, the release of which led to the tracking down of one of the cartel "money" handlers in L.A. who was "bagging" money for the cartel and depositing it into a back account for "transfer" back to Mexico. He was small time in the operation and one of many. He was depositing $125,000 a month into one account for "transfer" .... and remember that was 30 years ago.

Today, that's pissing in a hurricane.

Personally I'm not concerned about Juan sending $50 a week back home to his parents....even times a million ... take the 5 bucks and put it in the Wall Fund... but collection the nickles and dimes can get prohibitively expensive with the red tape and "audits"! The state comptrollers and IRS have the same philosophy (or at least did before Obaminable) of don't sweat the small stuff in so far as resources are concerned, but look after the big bucks.