Providers on hiatus

As a hobbyist, what perception do you have of providers that have old reviews (say a year or even two old) and suddenly become active again? Are you hesitant to see them? I'am speaking in general of course because highly reputable providers will always have a line waiting for them.

As a provider, how do you look to get back into the hobby after a hiatus? Is it like riding a bike? Is it generally a calculated move or does shit literally hit the fan?

Obviously real life happens and providers need time off, but I feel that there is generally a negative stigma attached to a hiatus in this hobby. Providers are willing to provide even during pregnancy and medical issues these days so how important is it?
Why is the relevancy of this? Its not like we are the president.
Things happen or we just simply want to take a break.

I would recommend not going on and on about stepping away. That just makes it look like providers are seeking attention.
I would recommend not going on and on about stepping away. That just makes it look like providers are seeking attention. Originally Posted by Daddys Girl ATX
Have also noticed the phenomenon of the "my last day EVER as a provider for life/or in this city" and then they return a month later like nothing happened. I just find these things interesting because they happen so often and yes I'm bored.
While every provider is different, I’d be hesitant to take a negative view of hiatuses (and as the queen of long-term hiatuses, I’m a bit biased). Of course, some frequent/unpredictable break-taking behaviors may indicate less than desirable personality traits, but I would give us the benefit of the doubt – there are tons of reasons a lady may want to take time out of the hobby. In the many cases, we may take time off to pursue our real-world passions, families, or just for a change of pace. There certainly isn’t anything wrong with having a passion for the hobby, but I’ve always found well-rounded women (literally and metaphorically) with multiple passions incredibly attractive. The world is a beautiful place full of sexy strangers and wonderful things and I want to see them all!
While every provider is different, I’d be hesitant to take a negative view of hiatuses (and as the queen of long-term hiatuses, I’m a bit biased). Of course, some frequent/unpredictable break-taking behaviors may indicate less than desirable personality traits, but I would give us the benefit of the doubt – there are tons of reasons a lady may want to take time out of the hobby. In the many cases, we may take time off to pursue our real-world passions, families, or just for a change of pace. There certainly isn’t anything wrong with having a passion for the hobby, but I’ve always found well-rounded women (literally and metaphorically) with multiple passions incredibly attractive. The world is a beautiful place full of sexy strangers and wonderful things and I want to see them all! Originally Posted by MarianX
+1
I still remember you coming around the corner of that building in a sun dress and the light hitting that blonde hair, thinking holy mother of g., jackpot ! Seeing you again (in front of open doors) a couple of weeks ago was great and you still got it.

Welcome back !
.....Obviously real life happens and providers need time off, but I feel that there is generally a negative stigma attached to a hiatus in this hobby. Providers are willing to provide even during pregnancy and medical issues these days so how important is it? Originally Posted by avalanche16
Extended periods of time of 4 months or longer can be understandable breaks from the work but shorter priors of 10 to 45 days are probably attributable to

Incarceration
Extended Psychiatric Evaluation/Treatment
Inpatient Rehab
healing from a boob job, tummy tuck or lipo....

If upon their return they are not "New and Improved" then.....

typical Whispers. if you don't know an answer, you speculate, and as usual, in a negative way. Hmm I seem to remember YOU taking a vacay recently.. How are your boobs doing? More likely either rehab or some psychotic episode. But what do I know?
I don't have a negative view of it but its human nature to wonder what happened. It's also a bit of a two way street. Some providers won't see guys without recent reviews or references from a provider they've seen recently. I don't think the guy or gal need to explain themselves per se but this is one aspect of the hobby that is skewed in favor of the lady. A guy will have to hit the reset button to some extent and start to build up credibility again whereas there are always men willing to see a provider coming back.
To the OP's question, pretty simple question, really.

He's curious, so he asked, and offered his own opinion, too. That's what this forum is about.

My 1st reply, I don't often think about it, much less track the ons and offs of ladies or gents except mainly folks who attend the socials.

My 2nd reply, really NUNYA when you come down to it.

For the guys it is, after all, a hobby, not a full time biz.

For the galz, slightly different, but in reality much the same. I know very few companions who ever intended to make this a fulltime career.

However, I do, personally, know more than a few ladies who have been in biz multiple decades (yes, decades!) and have way more stamps and extra pages in their passports than I ever collected!
On a serious note, I believe that the general stereotype of a provider having a mental breakdown due to the nature of the hobby is more prevalent than people would like to admit. I understand that some providers truly do enjoy what they do but its a facade for most. The top tier providers have the luxury of taking extended vacations and don't really need justification. I have noticed a lot of cases where a provider returns out of shape and what not. The first guy that goes in to re-test the waters and drops a review has balls!
Hiatus' are generally excuses to let the snatch heal and mentally prepare for the inevitable barrage of smelly cocks they will be taking upon their return. I'm also skeptical of girls who go on hiatus and the magically return. Seems shady. Unless they are hot af with quality skills, then they have the freedom to start/stop as they please. But your average boring provider should be on her game 24/7 or there is most likely some unsavory reasons for her departure so imo beware.
Extended periods of time of 4 months or longer can be understandable breaks from the work but shorter priors of 10 to 45 days are probably attributable to

Incarceration
Inpatient Rehab

Originally Posted by Whispers
Lol

Incarceration
Inpatient Rehab

Originally Posted by Whispers

Or, you know, she could be on vacation, dealing with Real World work, feeling under the weather, or any number of things. There's no reason to assume a short break means any provider is dealing with anything as negative as what you suggested.
Maybe she just st needs a break from the tedious bunch of henpecking bitches around this place
Maybe she just st needs a break from the tedious bunch of henpecking bitches around this place Originally Posted by Stewie griffen
Thank goodness for BFEs!