Sorry for not pinging MIA guys :(

• !VI!
  • 06-09-2015, 07:31 AM
Hey guys, sorry i've been on an insane convention streak over the last 4 weeks so i've been MIA, and AFK ... a lot.

Due to convention season being here my house is exploaded with cosplays, movie props, and just crafting stuff atm, and since i've been trying to be better with being hospitable i've just not been seeing people.

So "Open" Carry has been passed up to the governor in Texas! How do you ladies and gentleman feel about this? It's very Restricting but I feel it will cause some friction between hobbiests and providers, and a lot less BS will happen.

In order to open carry you must have chl, but you can still not open carry in areas where concieled weapons are illegal (schools, churches, public government buildings etc.)

I just want to know how you guys feel on this. LMK.

MY Convention season takes a 3 week pause next week, thanks for being patient
I'm liking the moba trend in posts; keep it up.
I'm not a carry guy (my hands are lethal weapons) but I'm curious about this. Providers how would you feel about a client walking in the door with a Dirty Harry cannon strapped to his hip? Clients how would you feel about a provider having that same cannon sitting on the night stand?
It's legal so there is nothing wrong with it, RIGHT???
Could make arguments over services and donations more exciting.
  • !VI!
  • 06-09-2015, 09:24 AM
I'm not a carry guy (my hands are lethal weapons) but I'm curious about this. Providers how would you feel about a client walking in the door with a Dirty Harry cannon strapped to his hip? Clients how would you feel about a provider having that same cannon sitting on the night stand?
It's legal so there is nothing wrong with it, RIGHT???
Could make arguments over services and donations more exciting. Originally Posted by atf searcher
exactly, there are some people on both sides that are really shady.

and most ladies don't know how to clear a chamber for one reason or another, so how would we get around this issue in the hobby world

the bill will be said to be in effect at beginning of january 2016, so it's going to be seen much more often then you think, and would a client or provider be required to show their CHL upon visiting as a safety warning? to me it's fun.

everyone has a weapon hidden some where for protection, what will happen when all secrets are no longer hidden?
Open Carry is like breast-feeding in public its completely OK but everyone still gets weirded out when they see it.

Yes, bringing a gun to a appt. Is a huge NO NO.
I'm not sure how different anything is going to be really. I grew up to believe we already had "open carry", which was the whole point of allowing concealed weapons. Then people got CHL's just to be on the safe side with cops. There were so many stipulations, carrying to and from, traveling, out but not in a threatening manner, etc. the whole thing gives me a headache.

Much like new software, I want to see how this shakes out with a little time. I don't think Texas will turn into the Wild West though. As for hobbying, carrying in your car is one thing, knocking on the door with a hip holster is just asking for a bad session. No one's going to be comfortable are they?!
  • !VI!
  • 06-09-2015, 09:38 AM
I'm not sure how different anything is going to be really. I grew up to believe we already had "open carry", which was the whole point of allowing concealed weapons. Then people got CHL's just to be on the safe side with cops. There were so many stipulations, carrying to and from, traveling, out but not in a threatening manner, etc. the whole thing gives me a headache.

Much like new software, I want to see how this shakes out with a little time. I don't think Texas will turn into the Wild West though. As for hobbying, carrying in your car is one thing, knocking on the door with a hip holster is just asking for a bad session. No one's going to be comfortable are they?! Originally Posted by Alastair
honestly i'm not too sure on that one,

guns don't really phase me, but "many" have a gun hidden somewhere, honestly i prefer to know where it is before things get bad then after, and in reality if everyone is on the up and up, then no one has anything to worry about.

it's the obvious scammers, the obvious dangerous guys. I bring this up because ladies need to be ready to kno whow to clear the chamber and remove the clip if someone does enter with a legal weapon.

it will make them feel safer and also keep the client in the know, "this lady knows how to handle her tools " (sorry for corny joke... really needed it)
Interesting topic. I LIKE guns and have nothing against them.

However, it can REALLY just SCARE me (that might sound silly. Scaring Elisabeth. But it happens!) if a guy that I do not know, shows up with a gun.

And it's happened. Years ago, I had a hobby lover of sorts, and he always carried a gun. Never bothered me.

Again, years ago, I had some guy show up with a suit, French cuffs, very fancily dressed, and had a side arm on with a State of Texas star on it.

I nearly fainted, started to shake because I thought, this is it, I'm getting arrested or murdered. It was scary as hell.

He thought it was funny. And although the appointment worked out, it just didn't get on the right foot. The guy was an absolute jerk, in my mind, for doing that to me.

Guess that the point of me sharing this stuff from my earlier years of working, is it's important to just know the person on the other side.

If a client is playing around with ladies who are probably unsafe, and going to questionable areas, I can understand wanting to have a gun.

Past experience has proven to me that it's always the element of surprise that will get 'ya. Having a gun doesn't help unless you're prepared, and trained.

Being able to carry a gun out in the open? I read about that law being presented as well. I don't think that much will change. Some people will use the new law to display their feathers, the ones who are peacocks anyway ... but I think that will be in the minority, though.

Most people are fairly reasonable. I doubt many people are going to be comfortable with a gun out in the open, if they're dealing with strangers. Or the public.

Just a few quick thoughts. Glad that you're still around, Vi.

Best,
Elisabeth
  • !VI!
  • 06-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Interesting topic. I LIKE guns and have nothing against them.

However, it can REALLY just SCARE me (that might sound silly. Scaring Elisabeth. But it happens!) if a guy that I do not know, shows up with a gun.

And it's happened. Years ago, I had a hobby lover of sorts, and he always carried a gun. Never bothered me.

Again, years ago, I had some guy show up with a suit, French cuffs, very fancily dressed, and had a side arm on with a State of Texas star on it.

I nearly fainted, started to shake because I thought, this is it, I'm getting arrested or murdered. It was scary as hell.

He thought it was funny. And although the appointment worked out, it just didn't get on the right foot. The guy was an absolute jerk, in my mind, for doing that to me.

Guess that the point of me sharing this stuff from my earlier years of working, is it's important to just know the person on the other side.

If a client is playing around with ladies who are probably unsafe, and going to questionable areas, I can understand wanting to have a gun.

Past experience has proven to me that it's always the element of surprise that will get 'ya. Having a gun doesn't help unless you're prepared, and trained.

Being able to carry a gun out in the open? I read about that law being presented as well. I don't think that much will change. Some people will use the new law to display their feathers, the ones who are peacocks anyway ... but I think that will be in the minority, though.

Most people are fairly reasonable. I doubt many people are going to be comfortable with a gun out in the open, if they're dealing with strangers. Or the public.

Just a few quick thoughts. Glad that you're still around, Vi.

Best,
Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers

thank you for those wise words miss EW,

i can see where you are coming from on this point. as well
Open carries??...........We don't need no stinking open carries!!
I think open carry is fine, however I won't partake.
Crazy subject, since the criminals don't give 2 shits about the law, we are just talking about the behavior of the law abiding citizens who went through the training and background check...
I won't open carry because im not into shocking the people who would freakout regardless of what the law says. Plus I prefer stealth to the bad guy focusing on me because I'm showing off my BBQ gun! On my property I open carry, just like all my neighbors, and we are very polite, and there is no crime.
And ladies, I won't carry into a session, unless the provider is a known gun nerd like me and wants and asks me to see what sidearm I picked today....
SeanJ
I bring this up because ladies need to be ready to kno whow to clear the chamber and remove the clip if someone does enter with a legal weapon.

it will make them feel safer and also keep the client in the know, "this lady knows how to handle her tools " (sorry for corny joke... really needed it) Originally Posted by !VI!
I understand where you're coming from. Frankly I think a "no guns" policy is a good one for providers. But seriously, I can't imagine anyone that thinks he needs a gun at a session is going to hand it over so you can clear the chamber and remove the clip! Besides, what if it's a revolver?

But I agree - everyone should know how to handle firearms. There's too many around not to at least know how to safely handle one.
We've had open carry in Ok. since November, 2012. Much like down there, the anti-gun people were screaming about it and how it was going to cause chaos etc. Since it became law I personally have not seen one person carrying openly. I prefer carrying concealed, and for the record would never carry a firearm into a session.
And ladies, I won't carry into a session, unless the provider is a known gun nerd like me and wants and asks me to see what sidearm I picked today....
SeanJ Originally Posted by seanj317
Sexy_Blonde_Gymnast aka Pistol Marks (a most appropriate nickname) is a total gun girl. I've come into sessions where she had part of her arsenal laid out for cleaning later.

She also gives discounts for ammo.

What more can you ask? (her menu is equally complete)

Not her pimp, just an addict.
Due to convention season being here my house is exploaded with cosplays...

So "Open" Carry has been passed up to the governor in Texas! How do you ladies and gentleman feel about this? ... Originally Posted by !VI!

I'm good w/it!