Paul Krugman: Racism, Not Economic Anxiety, Drives Trump Voters

This pretty much clarifies it for me and sums it up for you Trump supporters. Krugman is SPOT THE FUCK ON!!!

Paul Krugman on Tuesday brushed off the argument that voters are drawn to Donald Trump because his bombastic, anti-trade rhetoric offers them hope for the job market.

Rather, the Nobel Prize-winning economist said the Republican nominee plays to racial tensions among white, low-income voters who blame immigrants and people of color for their financial hardship.

“Economic anxiety is not a very good predictor of who’s a Trump supporter,” Krugman said during an interview on Bloomberg TV. “Racial antagonism is a good indicator of who’s a Trump supporter.”
“We have this delusion that business experience has a lot to do with running economic policy ― they’re just different domains,” Krugman said. “Generally, great businessmen often have no clue about macroeconomics.”

Trump has pledged to dismantle international trade agreements and impose huge tariffs on imports from Mexico and China, potentially sparking a trade war. Trump’s economic policies could throw the country into the longest recession since the Great Depression, according to a June report from economists at Moody’s Analytics.
Indeed, Trump’s candidacy has amplified voices and views ― such as white supremacy and anti-Semitism ― long considered too taboo for the political mainstream. After endorsing Trump, David Duke, a former leader of the Ku Klux Klan, announced his own bid to represent Louisiana in the U.S. Senate. Droves of supposed Trump fans have organized online attacks on Jewish journalists, going as far as to develop a Google Chrome extension that identifies people with traditionally Jewish surnames to more easily target them for harassment.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...1b51?section=&
This pretty much clarifies it for me and sums it up for you Trump supporters. Krugman is SPOT THE FUCK ON!!! Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel

You never had any credibility, Sissy Chap, but citing Krugman and Huffy only serves to underscore your complete lack of credibility, Sissy Chap.

You never had any credibility, Sissy Chap, but citing Krugman and Huffy only serves to underscore your complete lack of credibility, Sissy Chap.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Yep, Krugman was part of the Jimmah Carter administration. That administration that showed us 20+% home mortgage rates and had Carter basically blaming the American people for the " malaise " of the economy. Yep, citing Krugman, a hardcore lyin lib if there ever was one, sure bolsters the OP's position. Fug Sissy's Chapped Azz !
  • DSK
  • 08-16-2016, 08:04 PM
They are just continuing to Bork him...hateful bunch, those liberals.
This pretty much clarifies it for me and sums it up for you Trump supporters. Krugman is SPOT THE FUCK ON!!!

Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
WTF do you know??? You get paid to come on here just to stir shit up and race bait.... Which btw makes YOU the racists
Krugman looks like he takes it in the ass.
Krugman looks like he takes it in the ass from Obama. Originally Posted by bambino
ftfy

Paul Krugman and President Obama have something in common. They both were awarded a Nobel Prize for doing absolutly nothing.
Hey, are we having a Paul Krugman bash? Ok, I'll play!

Actually, Rey Lengua was a bit off when he said Krugman used to work for Jimmy Carter. One of his earliest jobs was working for none other than Ronald Reagan - our poster President for supply-side economics! You heard that right, folks. Of course, Paul was a little wet behind the ears back in those days and needed to burnish his resume. So he did his stint at the Council for Economic Advisers, reporting to Martin Feldstein, a well-known and very conservative economist. Paul later wrote "It was, in a way, strange for me to be part of the Reagan Administration... I was... an unabashed defender of the welfare state." But hey, he took the job anyway!

Krugman's bio gets even better... You Texas boys will love this part - In 1999, he was paid $50,000 by Ken Lay's Enron to be a consultant on its advisory board, whatever that means. A few months later he wrote a glowing fluff piece about Enron for Fortune magazine. It reads like a paean to free and unregulated markets, trading, and capitalism. Evidently Paul was caught up as a big cheerleader in the late-90s go-go, money-making mania. Here is the Fortune fluff piece, if anyone cares to read it:

http://archive.fortune.com/magazines...0257/index.htm

Two years later, Krugman changed his tune. I'll let another economist (Donald Luskin) describe what happened next:

"After Enron collapsed in 2001, Krugman wrote several columns excoriating the company. (One featured what may be the most absurd howler in the history of op-ed journalism: 'I predict that in the years ahead Enron - not Sept. 11 - will come to be seen as the greater turning point in U.S. society.') In most of these columns Krugman worked hard to link Enron to the Bush administration, and in one he actually blamed Enron’s consultants for the company’s collapse — while neglecting to mention that he, too, had been an Enron consultant.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/225981
Can you say lying, two-faced liberal hypocrite? That's a SPOT-THE-FUCK-ON description of Paul Krugman!

The Krugtron once boasted that "my economic theories have no doubt been influenced by my relationship with my cats." Seriously? Would anyone trust this guy with the economy? Especially when he named his fucking cats Doris Lessing and Albert Einstein?

Lots of folks who are more conversant in economics than the Krugtron have wondered how did this little twerp receive a Nobel prize? But hey, he worked at it! He lobbied hard for it! Like an actor yearning for an Oscar! The Nobel committee said "Krugman has deepened our understanding of the determinants of trade and the location of economic activity." (Cough, cough) Oh yeah, that sounds like a pioneering contribution! The poor guy just can't get enough love. As Bill Clinton's Undersecretary of Commerce Jeffrey Garten observed, "He behaves like someone with a massive chip on his shoulder." In other words - he's a libtard! And the worst kind! How can other libtards possibly trust the judgment of this publicity-seeking jackass who once worked for Ronald Reagan and was a consultant for Enron???

Go figure!!!
Krugman is a joke.
Krugman looks like he takes it in the ass. Originally Posted by bambino
You'd sure fucking know, Lardass. You can spot 'em a mile away, can't ya?

Like at Hippie Hollow!

You'd sure fucking know, Lardass. You can spot 'em a mile away, can't ya?

Like at Hippie Hollow!

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
No, he reminds me of you. Stupid pig.
No, he reminds me of you. Stupid pig. Originally Posted by bambino
Bashing the Krugtron is more fun. Asswipe is too intimidated by economics. Or any topic with substance. Plus he keeps squealing like a pig and tries to run away when you butt-fuck him.

Typical liberal crap desperately throwing out the race card to deflect from the fact that their candidate is a criminal liar.

The failure of the establishment to understand that a lot of the people of this nation are tired of the government that pretends to represent us and are looking for a change from the outside.
Whe Republicans failed to live up to the promises made they created a vacuum that was aching to be filled.
Likewise so many Democrat voters have become tired of the people that they elect failing to make things better as they have promised over and over. Blaming the other side only works for so long and becomes glaringly apparent when they had all of the house senate and the presidency.

You can call it racism, if you think politician is a race. It scares you because you fear that the protection from those you seek to hold down are rising up against the stratus quo.

While there may be racists that support Trump there are also racists supporting Hillary. I would call it a draw on that part.
I AM A fucking Lardass. I can smell 'em a mile away

I Like Yippie Homos!!

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

ftfy