The timing of scheduling: Short notice vs. way ahead.

What is the best amount of time from initial contact to meeting? Specifically, I am talking about first time rendezvous not a old friend.

48 hours
4 days
a week

Like some insight from the board . . . and I have never seen it discussed. What is the best? What works well?
Maybe "all of the above". A week seems to be longer than most can remember, but I try to schedule 4 or 5 days out, give them time to get me screened and then follow up a day or two before to make sure they know I'm serious and they don't forget.
I've had gentlemen book months in advance for a first time appointment. This is certainly not the norm, and is probably quite rare, but it does happen. In those instances the gentleman were from out of state and booked extended multi hour dates.

Speaking for myself, and I know others as well, I work a civilian job, outside of being a provider, and advance notice is an absolute necessity. I know others who are attending college. Then there are those, that are mothers of little ones, who have to make arrangements for childcare in order to meet. I think I speak for a lot of the ladies, when I say that we not only prefer the advance notice, we need it. Hope that helps.
For me, 48 to 72 hours is what I prefer. Less than 24 hours in advance and I go into the session sometimes scatterbrained or a little off my routine.
From a coupla months to a coupla days. More than that usually doesn't work out due to either of our schedules changing, and less than that I probably have other plans already. I mean, it doesn't hurt to ask on shorter notice, especially if he's already screened, but he shouldn't get his hopes up.
The further out I plan the better chance that bitch Aunt Flo shows up when I wanna boink. Last minute bewty-kawls with known ladies seem to be funner.
I typically try to contact a provider a week or longer in advance to let her know what day I have in mind. This gives her plenty of time to perform whatever screening she needs. I will then contact her three days before to schedule a time, the day before to confirm and the day of to acknowledge nothing has changed. Of course, things do come up for both provider and client and you have to go to plan B or plan C which usually ends up about as pleasant as ordering Prime Rib and they serve you chopped beef. Not always though as I have had a few plan B or C surprise me. Plan D is usually BP or self service, advance notice typically isn't required for either.
I typically try to contact a provider a week or longer in advance to let her know what day I have in mind. This gives her plenty of time to perform whatever screening she needs. I will then contact her three days before to schedule a time, the day before to confirm and the day of to acknowledge nothing has changed. Of course, things do come up for both provider and client and you have to go to plan B or plan C which usually ends up about as pleasant as ordering Prime Rib and they serve you chopped beef. Not always though as I have had a few plan B or C surprise me. Plan D is usually BP or self service, advance notice typically isn't required for either. Originally Posted by Hardallnight
Bravo! Also, gives me time to get to know the gentleman, so by the time our date comes, he and I have already established some kind of relationship!
This is another topic I could say a whole lot on but I won't. The way I solved the problem of advanced bookings and then the noshows (about 80% of booking more than 4 days out will no show) is to require the morning of confirmation. If I've not received a call or text by 9 the morning of the appt, I will clear that person from my schedule and go on as if it was never booked. I don't always enforce it, but I do most of the time and it has saved me alot of heart ache. No shows cost us a TON of money.
I'm onboard with Lovingkayla close to 80% of appointments booked more than 4 days out no show or have to reschedule due to changes in their RW life. Same day or next day results in very few no shows. I have no problem screening well if advance so there will be ease of actually setting an appointment that can be kept .