Here Fishy Fishy

I Been Doing A lot Of Fishing Lately Since The Reds Are Running.. Who Likes To Fish & What Do You Like To Catch ? Where Are Some Of Your Favorite Spots ?

I tend to go at night but trying to find spots with lights are difficult.. The reds usually start biting around 7:30pm I've been catching myself staying till 1am because time seems to fly when. your catching fish after fish.. The other night I never thought croackers could ever get so big till I caught one about 11' long lol..
Growing up in southwest louisiana I got spoiled. I miss home.because the fishing was so good. We have been catching shrimp a lot too back home. I don't get to fish here very much for lack of fishing buddies
I've never been officially fishing. But if my memory serves me right, back in my home town of Pasadena, I fished in the many, many, ditches there growing up.
Growing up in southwest louisiana I got spoiled. I miss home.because the fishing was so good. We have been catching shrimp a lot too back home. I don't get to fish here very much for lack of fishing buddies Originally Posted by allaboutthebbbj
I usually go alone but the spot I been going to lately the same people usually show up so its like there my fishing buddies...

Its nice to go alone to ijs
I've never been officially fishing. But if my memory serves me right, back in my home town of Pasadena, I fished in the many, many, ditches there growing up. Originally Posted by kirbykirby
Ditches? Lol what would you catch
catch the croaker, cut it in half and chunk it out there for reds and shark. Pour some menhaden oil on it to create a slick and you'll have a guaranteed bite.

Seawolf park is well lit, Galveston fishing pier and 61st is well lit. All of these are best bets if alone.

The seawall, Texas city Dike, and rollover pass all very good spots but no well lit.
For me fishing is a great way just to get away from all the world's bs.. catching anything was not a high priority on those days.

when I camp I like to fish cause there is something about fresh caught and cooked fish while camping that is great
  • Seedy
  • 11-11-2015, 11:07 AM
catch the croaker, cut it in half and chunk it out there for reds and shark. Pour some menhaden oil on it to create a slick and you'll have a guaranteed bite.

Seawolf park is well lit, Galveston fishing pier and 61st is well lit. All of these are best bets if alone.

The seawall, Texas city Dike, and rollover pass all very good spots but no well lit. Originally Posted by frankocean187
All this ^^^^^^^ This time of year along with reds both slot, and bull reds, there are some BIG bull sharks around, along with tarpon. I like going to the west end of galveston setting up on the beach, sand spikes, use reels with clickers and bait up, cast out, kick back and relax. Don't even need to get wet. No crowds either. Seawolf park can be a zoo, and I do believe the fishing piers on the seawall now close at 11pm. Oh yea, croaker are some PRIME CHOW!!!!!

The seawall, Texas city Dike, and rollover pass all very good spots but no well lit. Originally Posted by frankocean187
I have been catching all my reds on dead shrimp Ive tried to use croaker as bait but I just end up catching another Croaker lol.. I think they like the taste of themselves or something...

I usually fish in Freeport at the jetties I sat on the jetties when we got all that rain and caught about 20 sand trout but in surfside... I threw them all back though because its to much work and not enough fish in my opinion..
. . . The other night I never thought croackers could ever get so big till I caught one about 11' long lol.. Originally Posted by Dorthy_Monroe
Awww, you sweet talking wench.
All this ^^^^^^^ This time of year along with reds both slot, and bull reds, there are some BIG bull sharks around, along with tarpon. I like going to the west end of galveston setting up on the beach, sand spikes, use reels with clickers and bait up, cast out, kick back and relax. Don't even need to get wet. No crowds either. Seawolf park can be a zoo, and I do believe the fishing piers on the seawall now close at 11pm. Oh yea, croaker are some PRIME CHOW!!!!! Originally Posted by Seedy
Some guy was complaining on this fishing page on FB about how the bull sharks kept eating his red fish that shark he caught was pretty damn big.. That's exactly why my ASS doesn't get in the water lol...
Ditches? Lol what would you catch Originally Posted by Dorthy_Monroe
Nothing really. maybe a small fish, a small turtle. It was alot of tiny water based creatures in there. The bigger ditches constructed of concrete had a few gators in them. Especially when it flooded. Which is often in Pasadena.
Nothing really. maybe a small fish, a small turtle. It was alot of tiny water based creatures in there. The bigger ditches constructed of concrete had a few gators in them. Especially when it flooded. Which is often in Pasadena. Originally Posted by kirbykirby
Lol this is the funniest thing I've heard lol I will stick to surf fishing lol
The neighborhood kids catch bass in a ditch near Memorial Dr and the toll road. I was shocked that they lived in there.
  • bbkid
  • 11-11-2015, 02:32 PM
I've never been officially fishing. But if my memory serves me right, back in my home town of Pasadena, I fished in the many, many, ditches there growing up. Originally Posted by kirbykirby
Red Bluff / Delta Street / Bearle Street many many times!