BDSM restraints

Dom(me)s and subs, what are your favorite restraints to use during kinky playtime? Also, do you find that one type is more conducive to a certain vibe than another?

Upon reflection I've realized that for the most part, when a rope top comes to visit me they are a sensual Dominant who is aroused by the aesthetics of seeing me tied up in various positions. They are concerned with demonstrating their skills, savoring each moment, and gazing down at me modeling their harnesses.

Whereas during a session where handcuffs, spreader bars, or hog ties are used on me, it's much more fast-paced and hardcore.
Plastic cling wrap (saran wrap) you can do soo many fun things with it, holding toys in place to name one...
Spreader bars or bust!
As a rope top who has had the pleasure of playing with you, Lena, I can confirm what you say.
The ceremony of binding my girl with rope is certainly the most sensual of all the options.

But for intricate play where its more about the sex, I prefer leather belts. It's a much quicker transition between positions, and for a lot of women the feel of leather is more erotic. I do some of my own simple leather work, and have made the belts fit her perfectly.
Never have I had the pleasure. I've been obsessively looking up pictures of cute people restrained in cling wrap. I hope to try myself someday soon.

Plastic cling wrap (saran wrap) you can do soo many fun things with it, holding toys in place to name one... Originally Posted by Alpine
Spreader bars are great! I love the easy access they facilitate.

Spreader bars or bust! Originally Posted by Kinky Boy

This distinction resonates with me. I do feel like rope bondage can be incorporated into a scenario with hardcore impassioned fucking. But I think because it requires so much focus and intention, a leather belt as you suggest or even cuffs which are quicker to put on / release are more conducive to changing positions.

The ceremony of binding my girl with rope is certainly the most sensual of all the options.

But for intricate play where its more about the sex, I prefer leather belts. It's a much quicker transition between positions, and for a lot of women the feel of leather is more erotic. I do some of my own simple leather work, and have made the belts fit her perfectly. Originally Posted by learningtolead15
Being your muse for an afternoon was such an honor.

As a rope top who has had the pleasure of playing with you, Lena, I can confirm what you say. Originally Posted by Larry Atman
This rose gold Honey Birdette spreader bar is one of my more recent acquisitions.

Damm folks be careful with cling wrap!!!
I saw a pic of my son wrapped in that shit, his face and everything!
I'm here to tell ya that shared the skit out of me! And concerned!
He is alive tho Just FYI
This is an important reminder. Really, all restraints should be used with caution. Even for rope, it's advisable to have a pair of safety scissors nearby just in case a situation arises where the rope bondage bottom can't wait for you to properly untie the rope.
Im not usually into restraints..luv my or your hands free to roam BUT occassionally it can be fun at times,so when i do it is with silk scarves...especially fun w sensory play
Thanks for sharing Dallas. I've had some fun experiences being tied up with silk scarves. In the heat of the moment, a man grabbing his neck tie to restrain my wrists is very erotic. Scarves can also double as blindfolds.
One factor influencing choice is time.
A rope dress, while very lovely, takes quite a bit of time to prepare.
If one is paying per hour then quicker items such as belts and handcuffs are more likely to be utilized.
I have done plastic wrap in casual photo sessions where we had a relaxed schedule.
I am a fan of the under bed restraint system. Cuffs. Definitely bondage tape. It sticks to itself and not to hair or skin. Pretty strong. I taped a gent's hands to his thighs in OKC a few weeks ago for some t&d and face sitting. He struggled and couldn't get loose.

I do not recommend any of the restraints from Patricias or Christies or stores like that. The under bed is ok from there and you can buy the tape. But their cuffs, leather cuffs and all that, I broke them.