warning signs about bears

an important notice posted in Grizzly Bear territory in Alaska:

In light of rising frequency of human/grizzly bear conflicts, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game is advising tourists, hikers, and fishermen to take extra precautions and to keep alert for bears while traveling this summer.

We advise that people wear bells on their clothing so the bears will hear you coming and not be startled. We also advise everyone to carry pepper spray with them in case of an encounter with a grizzly.

It is also a good idea to watch out for fresh signs of bear activity. Outdoorsmen should recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear dung:

Black bear dung is smaller and contains lots of berries and squirrel fur.

Grizzly bear dung has little bells in it and smells like pepper.

an important notice posted in Grizzly Bear territory in Alaska:

In light of rising frequency of human/grizzly bear conflicts, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game is advising tourists, hikers, and fishermen to take extra precautions and to keep alert for bears while traveling this summer.

We advise that people wear bells on their clothing so the bears will hear you coming and not be startled. We also advise everyone to carry pepper spray with them in case of an encounter with a grizzly.

It is also a good idea to watch out for fresh signs of bear activity. Outdoorsmen should recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear dung:

Black bear dung is smaller and contains lots of berries and squirrel fur.

Grizzly bear dung has little bells in it and smells like pepper. Originally Posted by RetiredSubmariner

ROFLMAO!!

here's my preferred bear repellent .. equally effective for mountain lions, wolves and rattle snakes.

Most winters we have a bear or two that overwinter on my land. I usually find their tracks when they come out in the Spring looking for food. No grizzlies, just black bears.

This past winter I killed two coyotes, both were within 20 paces from my front door.