AT&T is throttling eccie.net

The site barely comes up if at all on cell phone access network. Other sites work fine. WiFi AT&T is fine on same device. Did experiment and pulled up eccie at normal speed on cell phone network again on same device but this time using TOR browser. I am not a tech guy but this suggests to me that AT&T is throttling access to you. FYI.
Well, imagine that!
I haven't had any problems with eddie coming up, and I use AT&T cell service and wireless high speed service at home.
I haven't had any problems with eddie coming up, and I use AT&T cell service and wireless high speed service at home. Originally Posted by sailorman1980
you have had problems.. in fact, your letter "C" is flipping to the letter "D"!
I've also noticed a huge delay on my 'ho phone' which is through straight talk, no issues on my laptop or my verizon phone though
I have ATT for cell phone and have not noticed a difference.
I’ve noticed the same thing on my iphone ...att. I installed a tor browser and I’m using that. It works. Truthfully I should have been using a tor browser all along .
Well YES see thread about how att sucks
I haven't had any issues with any of these services mentioned
Now that y’all mention it.....I too have problems sometimes...,but if i hit vpn then I get in like wet slide n slide
Sometimes this may depend on your location and how things are routed. Also using any MVNO device, basically anything other than a true carrier sold and supported line from the big guys, will be slower. They prioritize traffic based on a few things, first off their post paid subscribers will have priority, then their prepaid subscribers, then the MVNO subscribers then the people who are roaming is generally the way things go.

Cell providers will also bounce data through multiple towers to their downlink points, that means that it may go half way across town before the data actually comes off the tower hop picking up more traffic along the way. Where is that downlink only the provider knows and they didn't tell the tech support people. One side of town may work just fine and the other might be crap for data. Not knowing exactly how a provider does their network I can't say exactly how it all works but my best guess is the towers closest to the downlink probably get better transfer than the ones further away.

And a third thing is the actual location and how the network is setup, if it works when using a VPN it could be an overloaded link between your point and the site. The vpn probably routes a different way so you end up in a way routing around the problem. Could they be throttling a website, sure but honestly there are so many of them out there that this one is probably not even a blip on their map.