Oh2 is back up! But is it still safe to use?

Thoughts??

After all the rumors I'm unsure on whether the security of the site is safe at this point, especially since I still have to push it through because of security certificate issue
OH2 has been safer, especially for providers, than many other sites, for many many many years.
Internet is dangerous. Is it still safe to use?!

There are millions of discussions about that here already.
That sites security has always been suspect at best.
OH2 has been safer, especially for providers, than many other sites, for many many many years.
Internet is dangerous. Is it still safe to use?!

There are millions of discussions about that here already. Originally Posted by Alexandra Sand

Yes and those threads have been getting off topic and not to the point of the issues at hand. I still get 504 errors when trying to post or respond to PMs, so there's still multiple problems with the running of the site altogether so clearly not all the kinks have been worked out. Not to mention a million is a severe over exaggeration when there's 3 recent ones. It's not safe if someone managed to get in and get it running that aren't the original folks. You're clearly missing the point anyways so it is what it is lol
Yes and those threads have been getting off topic and not to the point of the issues at hand. I still get 504 errors when trying to post or respond to PMs, so there's still multiple problems with the running of the site altogether so clearly not all the kinks have been worked out. Not to mention a million is a severe over exaggeration when there's 3 recent ones. It's not safe if someone managed to get in and get it running that aren't the original folks. You're clearly missing the point anyways so it is what it is lol Originally Posted by SexySammy
+1

Some of us see the hazards of an unsafe site. Many reports of people logging in last time and being logged in under a different members handle. Thats a major concern for personal safety! Some folks just dont care for others personal and online security. Im glad theres a site they care so dearly for.
+1

Some of us see the hazards of an unsafe site. Many reports of people logging in last time and being logged in under a different members handle. Thats a major concern for personal safety! Some folks just dont care for others personal and online security. Im glad theres a site they care so dearly for. Originally Posted by winn dixie
Yes I logged in and was in another hobbyist account!!!
So, what exactly would this "unsafeness" lead to...?

Here's some suggestions for using the internet these days... on ANY websites.

First, use a VPN.

Secondly, don't have files on your computer you don't want to get accessed or corrupted (i.e your taxes, financial statements, etc).

Lastly, always have double verification to login to any of your more important accounts...

Perhaps you "tech wizards" can enlighten us with the other potential issues that may be incurred.... so we can also take any other necessary measures....

BTW - Don't throw away bills and other documents that may have sensitive information about you in your physical trash can either (i.e. your name, birthday, SS no., financial statements, etc).

A'Man
Has anyone gotten any info from CK as to what happened? and why it is back now??? anyone have any info from the source?
^ Ck sent out an invite to the Austin Sept M&G today and said the site is up and running, but still under attack. He said the OH2 data bases are saved offsite and he offered a few other tidbits.

A'Man
So, what exactly would this "unsafeness" lead to...?

Here's some suggestions for using the internet these days... on ANY websites.

First, use a VPN.

Secondly, don't have files on your computer you don't want to get accessed or corrupted (i.e your taxes, financial statements, etc).

Lastly, always have double verification to login to any of your more important accounts...

Perhaps you "tech wizards" can enlighten us with the other potential issues that may be incurred.... so we can also take any other necessary measures....

BTW - Don't throw away bills and other documents that may have sensitive information about you in your physical trash can either (i.e. your name, birthday, SS no., financial statements, etc).

A'Man Originally Posted by anandaman
Have you not seen the first hand reports of logging in to others accounts? Ahh major safety concerns!
Ahh when trying to log into an unsecure site their are reasons for all the warnings everyone is getting. This is a huuge safety concern!
It is very irresponsible to say anything otherwise.
Everything suggested by the oh2 circle to get in are only ways to get around and to avoid the safety warnings! Period.
Please head your devices warnings before entering any site.
The oh2 site is up. Enjoy.
^ Ck sent out an invite to the Austin Sept M&G today and said the site is up and running, but still under attack. He said the OH2 data bases are saved offsite and he offered a few other tidbits.

A'Man Originally Posted by anandaman
Still under attack????

So the site is not secure.

Okay.?! Anyways thanks for the report
WD - We appreciate your technical knowledge and prowess. Can you please elaborate and be more specific about the "major safety concerns"?

I get the logging in under someone else's account. But we all would appreciate more of your in-depth knowledge and what you can share about the other safety concerns. I'm sure we all will benefit by what you can tell us.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
A'Man
Lol now I remember why I stopped posting in coed. The drama and passive aggressive tidbits all the time ����
Have you not seen the first hand reports of logging in to others accounts? Ahh major safety concerns!
Ahh when trying to log into an unsecure site their are reasons for all the warnings everyone is getting. This is a huuge safety concern!
It is very irresponsible to say anything otherwise.
Everything suggested by the oh2 circle to get in are only ways to get around and to avoid the safety warnings! Period.
Please head your devices warnings before entering any site.
The oh2 site is up. Enjoy. Originally Posted by winn dixie
Still under attack????

So the site is not secure.

Okay.?! Anyways thanks for the report Originally Posted by winn dixie
When a device gives warnings about ANY unsecure sites and wont let you proceed without acknowledging the risks....
Pretty self explanatory. As of a few minutes ago i still got the warnings.
I think its a do what you feel comfortable in doing thang.
The last time I logged in, well before the "software issues", I was dumped right into the middle of a provider's PM box. Over 1,000 outstanding PMs, etc.

I got the hell out, scrubbed my laptop, and haven't been back since.