Deficit shrinks by $1 trillion in Obama era

Contrary to what republicans say, the budget deficit has actually shrunk under Obama's term. See this article:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...lion-obama-era

From Politifact (who rates claim true):

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ased-two-thir/

As a reminder, don’t get the deficit twisted with the debt. They are only related, not the same.
Contrary to what republicans say, the budget deficit has actually shrunk under Obama's term. See this article:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...lion-obama-era

From Politifact (who rates claim true):

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ased-two-thir/

As a reminder, don’t get the deficit twisted with the debt. They are only related, not the same.
Originally Posted by SassySue
Big deal, that doesn't make him a good president and it's probably not true anyway.

Jim
that's why there's the saying liars figure and figures lie

how can you shrink a deficit by $1 trillion yet add $10 trillion to the debt?

by selective trickery and deceit in determining your baseline

first by attributing 2009 to bush and not to Obama's "shovel ready" stimulus and investments in solar failures which were just payoffs to cronies

and then using that one year as the baseline

I'm torn between either agreeing with something Ralphy Boy posted in another thread about you or maybe disagreeing

you are either stupid, or maybe you truly are a just dimocrat, where truth is not a value
Politifact is now the new "the debate is over" sword of the left.

Their opinions are facts and facts are just opinions.

No wonder why Sassy is so confused.

first by attributing 2009 to bush and not to Obama's "shovel ready" stimulus and investments in solar failures which were just payoffs to cronies

and then using that one year as the baseline ...... Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought

November 10, 2008.

When was the "stimulus" package passed giving the funds?

At this meeting while Bush was still President an agreement was reached whereby Obama would expend 1/2 the funds authorized to Bush in 2008 (on his side of the ledger sheet) after he took office in 2009..... off his books. Hillary and the current administration can blame Bush, but they pissed off the money. They wrote the checks!
The mere fact that she (HE) believes this shit pretty much disqualifies her opinion on anything. What an idiot...
The mere fact that she (HE) believes this shit pretty much disqualifies her opinion on anything. What an idiot... Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
She has to believe it. She has to believe all she keeps posting.

It confirms her decision making.

Additionally, attempting to discredit Trump justifies her decision as well.
Of course see believes it. She lives in the same alternate reality that BO lives in.
Of course see believes it. She lives in the same alternate reality that BO lives in. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
They are two different articles from two different sources. I heard the deficit shrunk for awhile, and that recently it has gone up a little. It never stays the same. I want to know the truth just like everyone else. I don't think Obama is the best president we have ever had; just not the worst either. I have read several articles saying the deficit has actually gone down a bit since he took office. Sorry if you don't believe me. The authors have to get their figures from somewhere. Deficit and debt are two different things. You just don't want to admit anything good that Obama may have done during his term.

See this article:

http://www.massappealnews.com/2016/0...icing-deficit/

Debt vs. deficit: What’s the difference?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ts-difference/

Democrats do have a point when they say that the federal deficit is going down. The deficit is a measure of a single year’s shortfall, the difference between what the government takes in and what it spends. And in recent years, the deficit has been declining, thanks to the end of the recession and lower government spending.

Politifact is an unbiased website.
The only money lost in the bailouts after the dimocrat housing crisis was obamas bailout of the united auto workers union, handing them a chunk of GM he strong armed from bond holders. Everywhere else, like the banks, the treasury made money on.

So on the one hand, this lying dimocrat analysis charges bush with the cost of the bailout but gives the repayment several years later to Obama.

In addition to the lying concerning reducing the annual deficit by comparing obamas latter years to a one time event
It never stays the same.

I want to know the truth just like everyone else. Originally Posted by SassySue
The "truth" is readily apparent. Compare apples and apples, etc.

Since you know how to read graphs showing years at the bottom and dollar amounts along the left side (generally configured in that manner) ... it's relatively easy without someone writing a long friggin article explaining what the graph says ... or "doesn't say"!!!

During the Bush 8 years it grew around $7 trillion with two nonbudgeted wars and an economic downturn that Bush inherited when he took office PLUS a "stimulus package" in an attempt to secure the banking/financial status in this country at the end of his 8 years ......

where as during the 7 1/2 years of Obaminable while using $$$ attributable to Bush's side of the ledger, plus some, and downsizing the wars, effectively reorganizing our health insurance and health services system and seeking "green energy" to "increase jobs" in this country, he has managed to almost double the deficient to around $20 trillion (about around $10 trillion) doing not much of anything but playing golf .. and taking his family around the world on junkets ... with Hillary working the SOS position to accumulate a "gold parachute" in the event she can't scam her way into the White House to rent out rooms and sell influence like the Clintons have made a living doing!
They are two different articles from two different sources. I heard the deficit shrunk for awhile, and that recently it has gone up a little. It never stays the same. I want to know the truth just like everyone else. I don't think Obama is the best president we have ever had; just not the worst either. I have read several articles saying the deficit has actually gone down a bit since he took office. Sorry if you don't believe me. The authors have to get their figures from somewhere. Deficit and debt are two different things. You just don't want to admit anything good that Obama may have done during his term.

See this article:

http://www.massappealnews.com/2016/0...icing-deficit/

Debt vs. deficit: What’s the difference?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ts-difference/

Democrats do have a point when they say that the federal deficit is going down. The deficit is a measure of a single year’s shortfall, the difference between what the government takes in and what it spends. And in recent years, the deficit has been declining, thanks to the end of the recession and lower government spending.

Politifact is an unbiased website. Originally Posted by SassySue
Just like Bush before him, Obama is a puppet. Puppets don't do anything beneficial. Puppets are controlled and manipulated by individuals and organizations that you never see. If you're interested in the truth you will not find it in a candidate or an incumbent official. Quit chasing ghost you'll be much better off and above all you won't look so dam stupid.

Jim
Politifact is an unbiased website. Originally Posted by SassySue

Not so fast Sassy

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...st-republicans

"Or do they? .....the fact checking business often – too often for anyone's good – turns on matters of opinion rather than matters of "fact."

Sassy you need to stop using these self proclaimed Unbiased "fact checkers" as gospel. As I said before ..opinion is not fact. It's just like declaring "the debate is over" and anyone who says that usually doesn't want to talk about it anymore because they might be proven wrong or are hiding something. It's a typical liberal tactic when they don't know what their talking about.
that's why there's the saying liars figure and figures lie

how can you shrink a deficit by $1 trillion yet add $10 trillion to the debt?

and then using that one year as the baseline

I'm torn between either agreeing with something Ralphy Boy posted in another thread about you or maybe disagreeing

you are either stupid, or maybe you truly are a just dimocrat, where truth is not a value Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
It's pretty straightforward, a 10 years old could figure it out (that doesn't say much for you intelligence level). The bush portion of the 2009 debt was 1.2 trillion and Obama added 200 billion for the stimulus, for a total of 1.4 trillion. The deficit for 2015 was about $440 billion, hence, roughly a 1 trillion reduction in the deficit.

Payoff to cronies? got a lot of nerve saying something like that the way defense contractor raped the American taxpayer in Iraq.
Confessions of a private security contractor – CNN Security Clearance ...

$700 a day for a security contractor vs about $2500 a month for an Army Sargent. WAY TO SUPPORT THE TROOPS GEORGIE!

Wanted: Drivers for high-dollar jobs in Iraq | eTrucker: Trucking News ...

$120,000 a year for a driver. Notice that it's a subsidiary of HALIBURTON, I wonder how much Haliburton made for the "service".

That's just the tip of the iceberg, when it comes to wasting taxpayers money, GEORGIE WAS #1!