Hacked Email

Hey ya'll ... As I'm sure most of you know my Email account has been hacked. The Email says that I'm in Scottland and that I need $1200 to get home...
Well let me assure you that I am NOT in Scottland & I don't need $1200 to get home..
If you received this Email I apologize for it & Please JUST ignore it...
Thanks Much
XOXO
*V*
How do you get the $1,200 back? I suppose we should have called you first....

:-p
This has happened to at least two other providers that I am aware of. In fact there's a thread on here about one of them.

Nobody takes this stuff seriously Vixen but the perpetrators are hoping that only one person will send the money and that will make their efforts profitable.
You may wish to add this thread to alerts. I would have looked for this message there!

Vixen, if you ever get that non-hotel incall, lemme know......I am so there!!! I love your pics and your look. Very hot!
yeah I got that crazy email, it was obvious to me that it was a prank of some sort. There was not even instructions on how to send the money. and Scottland? seriously? Vixen you are way too hot for Kilts
Are you sure your e-mail was hacked, or is someone just sending e-mails from another e-mail account and putting your e-mail address as the "from" address?

It's very easy to send an e-mail and put anyone as the "from" address. For instance, you could easily send an e-mail that looks like it comes from George.washington@whitehouse.g ov. Most spam has phony from addresses.
I think Vixen just got an idea for her next photoshoot, Tatted Kilt Hottie!
Are you sure your e-mail was hacked, or is someone just sending e-mails from another e-mail account and putting your e-mail address as the "from" address?

It's very easy to send an e-mail and put anyone as the "from" address. For instance, you could easily send an e-mail that looks like it comes from George.washington@whitehouse.g ov. Most spam has phony from addresses. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
If that were the case, how would they get her contact list? I received one of the emails, and I do not publish that addy on this or any other site.
If that were the case, how would they get her contact list? I received one of the emails, and I do not publish that addy on this or any other site. Originally Posted by TinMan
Yes, that does make it seem more likely that her e-mail or her computer got hacked.

One possibility would be if another provider or some other person had both your e-mail and her e-mail in their distribution list and that person got hacked. Or if that other person was in on the scam.
yep i got it too
Apparently it is happening to Gmail accounts although it hasn't happened to me because they know I am too damned poor to send a penny.
Yes, that does make it seem more likely that her e-mail or her computer got hacked.

One possibility would be if another provider or some other person had both your e-mail and her e-mail in their distribution list and that person got hacked. Or if that other person was in on the scam. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
At first, I thought this might be the case. But I responded to the initial plea with a question regarding when this happened. I got a response back from Vixen's email address, with instructions on how to wire the money. Don't see how they would have received my reply unless they had access to her account.

This scam has become commonplace in recent weeks (perhaps longer). One of the hosts on The Ticket had the exact same scam (Western Union, send money to England). The only difference was it originated through Facebook. Not sure how it happened, but his friend's Facebook account was compromised.