Good evening, agents. Your federal government at work

No, I'm not making this up.

I was driving on Coit Road just one block north of 635 in Dallas around 7:30 PM this evening.

I have an iPhone and, from time-to-time, I leave WiFi on by mistake when I leave the office - as I did tonight.

As a result, I eventually got a pop-up screen that alerted me to WiFi networks in the area. It is mostly annoying, since 99% of them are secured.

I saw the pop-up in the corner of my eye and I glanced down at the phone to hit "Cancel" and then play some music.

But I froze when I saw the name of the network: "FBI Surveillance Van No. 12".

Now, maybe - just MAYBE - the owner of some dry cleaning store or a Starbucks has a sense of humor and decided to give his wireless router a fun name.

But, I think we all know that isn't likely to be the case.

So, agents, if you are reading this, please change the name of your router so the bad guys can't spot you so easily on stakeout.
Haha, mine is "chinesehackerhere-welcome"
I'm surprised that neither COG nor SEE3772 has weighed in with a link to an FBI snooping article.
We know they snoop, I just doubt that they would name their network "FBI Official Snooping Network." I suppose they could be that stupid, but that would surprise even me.
We know they snoop, I just doubt that they would name their network "FBI Official Snooping Network." I suppose they could be that stupid, but that would surprise even me. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
That's why a government takeover is pretty unrealistic. Too incompetent.
That's the only thing we have going for us, ExNYer.