LAWYER NEEDED!!!!!!!

Got myself in a situation ends PLEASE HELP
Promise,

I'm copying what Shysterjon wrote last summer on finding an attorney.

Are these databases publicly searchable? Yes.
Is there a national site or is it state by state? There's no national site. Databases are maintained and can be searched state by state.
What search terms do you use on a search engine to get in the right places? The databases have preset search terms to find the right lawyer in the right location.

There are so many better ways to find an attorney than posting on this board. As I've written many times before, providers post lawyer ISOs and some jackal lawyer contacts them, gets some free wangy-bangy, then screws up their case. The girl gets fucked and then gets fucked, too. Also, some non-lawyers post on this board offering legal advice. It's nearly always wrong. So although it's free, the advice isn't worth the price of making a mistake with your case or issue.

Attorneys are licensed by courts. For example, in Texas, attorneys are licensed by the Supreme Court of Texas. Attorneys in Texas may also apply for admission to federal courts or the courts in other states. There is no national database including all attorneys licensed by all the courts. Each state court has its own searchable database. Also, there are trade groups for attorneys with searchable databases or books with members listed. One example is the National Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, of which I've been a member for 24 years. You can also find a lawyer through the local bar association or by using the search function on a private site, like www.lawyers.com.

The State Bar of Texas has a database that can be searched by name, city, area of practice, and whether the attorney is board-certified in an area of law, among other things. For example, to be board-certified in family law, an attorney has to practice in that area of law for a number of years, then pass a comprehensive written test on family law. (He or she must also pass a psychological test to be able to withstand huge amounts of crap from his client. That's one reason I'm not board-certified in family law. Haha.) Here's the link to the search screen:

State Bar of Texas, Find a Lawyer
http://www.texasbar.com/am/template....dvanced_Search

A page on the Dallas Bar Association web site lists many organizations providing low-cost or no-cost legal services to people with various needs:

Dallas Bar Association, Community Legal Resources
http://www.dallasbar.org/content/com...egal-resources

Finally, I'll say it again: PAY YOUR LAWYER -- DON'T EXPECT HE OR SHE TO WORK FOR FREE. LAWYERS ARE SEMI-HUMAN AND OFTEN HAVE HUNGRY SPAWN TO FEED. ALSO, PAY YOUR LAWYER WITH MONEY, NOT PUSSY. Originally Posted by ShysterJon
You might want to shoot SJ a PM and mention what this matter happens to be. Up to him whether he replies or not of course.
I plan on paying with money...
pm me I have a lawyer!!
It would help if you would tell us what field of law -- criminal law, family law, personal injury law, consumer law, etc. There is almost no such thing as a general practitioner any more in law.
And I might suggest you try a PM to TTH or SJ regarding your needs, rather than exposing your needs to a bunch of people here who will provide you legal advice that will be worth every penny you pay for it.

(My comment is a general comment, I would suggest this to anyone needing legal advise, especially if there is an element that concerns the hobby/provider lifestyle.)

My thoughts are if you are in a legal pickle, communication to a lawyer regarding a need for legal counsel is a confidential correspondence covered under attorney-client privilege. A post on a website of any kind pretty much blows any confidentiality out of the water.
Thanks guys! I'm good now!
Oh Opps, ok never mind.
Hey, watch those gratuitous bumps, toots!