Jewish Literacy as the Road to Riches: The Chosen Path of the 'Chosen Few'

An excerpt from the excellent article:

Why did you choose the title "The Chosen Few"? Don't you feel it may create misunderstandings?
We explain the meaning of this title in the book's introduction. But instead of repeating here what is clear throughout the book, let us communicate another positive message that our book intends to spread: in the world of almost universal illiteracy back 2,000 years, the Jewish religious leadership -- the rabbis and scholars in the academies in Judea and Galilee -- required each Jewish individual, child or adult, rich or poor, farmer or merchant, to learn to read and study the Torah. Instead of restricting learning, study and knowledge to a small elite, the Jewish religious leadership of that time went exactly in the opposite direction: it pushed Judaism toward making literacy, education and knowledge universal among all Jews. Centuries later, this apparently odd choice of a religious norm became the lever of the economic prosperity and intellectual achievements of the Jews.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/business...e-road-to.html
I don't know about reading the Torah, but there is absolutely no doubt that the Jews have an innate understanding that education, and of course hard work, are the keys to prosperity and economic security. But, the Germans understand that too......
What's your point, JL? How is this a political topic?
What's your point, JL? How is this a political topic? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
It's not, he's just needing a little attention today.
What's your point, JL? How is this a political topic? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
The political topic concerns the importance of education for wealth and prosperity, proof that it works if done correctly, and meant to enhance the conversation in the political forum.
  • CJ7
  • 08-22-2013, 09:33 AM
The political topic concerns the importance of education for wealth and prosperity, proof that it works if done correctly, and meant to enhance the conversation in the political forum. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer

as a hard core rightwinger, cuts for funding education falls dead square along party lines ...

educate the people ..

USA ... never
Israel ... always

is that about the size of the political meaning in your post?

get the fuck out of this country and stfu.
The political topic concerns the importance of education for wealth and prosperity, proof that it works if done correctly, and meant to enhance the conversation in the political forum. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Please.

You're just stirring shit again with what you know are more irritating "Jews are superior" postings. You're bizarre with your efforts to generate what you think will be anti-Semitic responses.

What's the story? Have you discussed it with your therapist? Because, if you haven't, you should.
  • CJ7
  • 08-22-2013, 09:47 AM
Please.

You're just stirring shit again with what you know are more irritating "Jews are superior" postings. You're bizarre with your efforts to generate what you think will be anti-Semitic responses.

What's the story? Have you discussed it with your therapist? Because, if you haven't, you should. Originally Posted by timpage

an adult Jew from Highland Park with a benefactor ? no therapist in the country would touch that one ..

oooopsie

after reading JL has a therapist on another thread, theres apparently one in the world that likes fleecing Jews out of their fortune

mea culpa
Literacy rates among the Jews 2000 years ago were low, less than 10%. Many of the scribes were functionally illiterate and copied without understanding.

http://www.evidenceforchristianity.o...me-of-jesus-r/
Sounds like nothing has changed
Please.

What's the story? Have you discussed it with your therapist? Because, if you haven't, you should. Originally Posted by timpage
She says that I have a latent suspicion of gentiles as anti-Semitic. I tell her many are hiding behind a fake persona and deep down, they are jealous of Jewish achievement compared to their own inadequacies, and I like to expose the clowns for who they are. She asks me how I feel when I expose the truth about them, and I tell her I get satisfaction out of exposing lying, cocksucking, faggotty liberals. Conservative anti-Semites are at least honest, so I have more respect for them, and can work with them politically.
She's getting 150 per hour, so she thinks about it and we go on...
I tell her hookers get 300 per hour, she just laughs.
She says that I have a latent suspicion of gentiles as anti-Semitic. I tell her many are hiding behind a fake persona and deep down, they are jealous of Jewish achievement compared to their own inadequacies, and I like to expose the clowns for who they are. She asks me how I feel when I expose the truth about them, and I tell her I get satisfaction out of exposing lying, cocksucking, faggotty liberals. Conservative anti-Semites are at least honest, so I have more respect for them, and can work with them politically.
She's getting 150 per hour, so she thinks about it and we go on...
I tell her hookers get 300 per hour, she just laughs. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
If she described it as latent, you need to get another therapist. In fact, I'm thinking you better go full-bore psychiatrist with scrip-writing privileges.....you need some help that comes with medication.
  • CJ7
  • 08-22-2013, 01:16 PM
If she described it as latent, you need to get another therapist. In fact, I'm thinking you better go full-bore psychiatrist with scrip-writing privileges.....you need some help that comes with medication. Originally Posted by timpage

apparently she's smart enough to know JL is too stupid to know what latent means, and sees him as a never ending $150 an hour patient/appointment ..ka-ching $$$$
If she described it as latent, you need to get another therapist. In fact, I'm thinking you better go full-bore psychiatrist with scrip-writing privileges.....you need some help that comes with medication. Originally Posted by timpage
Psychotherapy typically rejects the need for drug therapies because it avoids the adjustment to the underlying pathology.
Plus, you are an asshole.
fuck you, narcissist.

GO AWAY! You bring nothing relevant to this conversation.

Please, continue to shame me and the other Jewish members of ECCIE.