Shooting at Pittsburgh motel today

Article is on cbs local, not sure about links to civilian sites. I got in trouble once...

Police from several law enforcement agencies canvassed the Pittsburgh Motel on Route 60, which had been shut down. The road was closed and traffic backed up on both sides.

Robinson Township Police say county police took over the investigation. The call came into 911 just before 11:30 a.m.

County homicide detectives say a 48-year-old was found shot dead in the parking lot.

Witness told KDKA’s Nicole Ford they heard up to four gunshots as two men came out of a motel room and one collapsed in the parking lot. One witness says the other man ran up Steubenville Pike away from the motel.

One person has been detained, but no charges have been filed. Homicide detectives are investigating and police are collecting evidence.
The low-end motels always scare me, for exactly this kind of reason. That includes the Pittsburgh Motel, the East Exit Motel, the Hilltop Inn and the Motel 6 in Crafton.

I remember a couple of months ago, there was a news story about someone being arrested for rape at the Hilltop Inn. The person was arrested by the Allegheny County Sherrifs Department - who happened to be already on the property at the time, investigating an unrelated matter....
A lot of girls use that motel 6. Usually not the good ones though lol
I generally don't have a problem with the Motel 6, but it kind of attracts a rough crowd - there have been incidents in the past. I don't think I'd personally be in any danger from anything that might happen there, but if there's some kind of incident, just being there could be a problem, and I'd rather just avoid the possibility. That, plus the bathrooms (particularly the shower stalls) are absolutely disgusting.
I've been there a few times and u can usually see through the doors bc they are on wrong so there's a gap, the floors and everything are unclean and u r dirtier using the shower than than not lol, u r correct on that one.
In my experience, I've learned a few things...
One being that A LOT of the low-end motels (because they often need to utilize the police) usually give the names/info of the registering guest to their local leo force. No warrants or current legals, and there shouldn't be a problem, but still, those arent the types of places one necessarily wants to be known, in somewhat of a more 'official'way, of frequenting.

And of course, it goes without saying that those are bad places for those in recovery who don't leave as soon as a meeting is complete.