mardi gras........

[I so miss living in new orleans...i may be a native Texas gal,but my heart is also in New orleans....I may even move back in near future}

Besides halloween & Southern decadence,Mardi gras is one of my FAVE events!!!!!

I luv everything about it! Especially getting to act like a darefree kid during the parades and on bourbon street later in the evening!!

What are your favorite things about Mardi Gras? any special traditions? Do you dress in costume?? Which parades do you like best??
  • myth
  • 01-14-2013, 07:35 AM
F.Q. fest, Halloween, Mardi Gras Monday night, St. Pat's
I also love the st paddys parade!
having raised two kids they were always told, 'holidays are for family, mardi gras is for mom and dad'. didn't sit well with them until they tried to hang. they're grown and still can't hang and they agree, mardi gras IS for mom and dad. we have spent the entire weekend of mardi gras on bourbon street for 21 straight years. ain't no use stopping now!
Dallas, just a little off the thread, but I wish you would move back to the Big Easy.

Headed to NOLA this weekend to start the fun. Might even be able to sneak away for a bit...
It's going to be pretty nuts in the big easy with Mardi Gras season and the superbowl going down at the same time. It's almost a good thing the Saints didn't make it to the big game or nola would have been destroys by all the festivities.
IamRobot......thats true!

When You Are Ready...that may be a possibilty!

I luv New Orleans...just hate the traffic & crowds! lol

{I went to catch the parade on Bourbon street last nite....took me 45 minutes to get a cab,so i missed it....but i did have fun sightseeing on bourbon}
I second the motion that Dallas move back to NO.