Wichita and KC

They are significantly apart geographically. Should they each have their own set of forums?
My opinion:

If enough people ask for a city to have its own forum, it will happen. However, there have to be enough people in that city, who would regularly post reviews etc, to make it a worthwhile and meaningful board. If you poke around some of the other city forums, you will find a few that have very little 'action'.

However, if you go to the Texas boards, you will find ALOT of posting 'action'....so much that it is hard to 'keep up' with the board when reading it. That is why there are so many different city boards in Texas - to make the forum meaningful (and easy to follow) for the members, and manageable (for the moderators who have to review all the reviews).

I don't think the Kansas City Metro/Kansas board has gotten nearly to the level of activity that would make it necessary to split of the Wichita members. So, the question is - would there be enough 'action' in Wichita alone? My personal opinion is that there wouldn't be.

Also, there is alot of commonality. Many providers (and hobbiests) travel betwen the two cities. Discussions about laws which affect the hobby in KS are common to KCK and Wichita. Alerts in one city may be useful in the other, etc.

Anyway, my humble opinion is a split isn't needed yet. But, if enough people petition the owner, it could happen.
  • Bubba
  • 01-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Lacrew is correct. As Lacrew said, if enough people from Wichita post often enough for it to make sense, a new forum could be opened.

We have been down this road before, both on here and on ASPD. In my opinion, while we have more people contributing from Wichita then we had a year ago I don't think we are anywhere close to having enough to warrant a separate forum.

Hopefully Wichita continues to grow to the point where a split is needed!
They are significantly apart geographically. Should they each have their own set of forums? Originally Posted by Johngalt0316
Yes.
I used to be of the opinion that Wichita is too small to support its own forums but lately there has been a lot of W posts here in ISO and reviews which is the heart of the site. IMO it might be time to consider it.
I'd sure like to see it, but I also don't think Wichita has the provider base that some of the other cities do, unfortunately. You kind of need that in order to have many reviews posted. We seem to have one local provider who posts ads fairly regularly. The vast majority of ladies I've seen in Wichita were on tour, and even that's becoming rare due to the seeming lack of interest the ladies get when they come here. That's also unfortunate.
I think the volume of reviews and ISOs speaks for itself. It's time to let Wichita and the surrounding have its own forum.
I'm in Wichita and would have to agree with reasons for not having separate forums. Seems a lot of providers do travel to kc and ict and are knowledgeable about both areas. The kc providers definitely contribute greatly to even questions asked by Wichita members.
I have noticed in topic lines some people put "in Wichita" or "in kc" which hepls greatly when looking for area info. If more people did that it would help greatly I think.
I like Bigmikes suggestion...
I do as well, great idea Bigmike
When I want to narrow down the volume I just use search and type Wichita in the text box.

Let's stick with one
Seems some think its a good idea, some think bad. StChristopher recently opened up 8 new local forums and ended the announcement with this statement:

"Please direct any questions or suggestions to me at stchristopher@eccie.net."

If enough people ask him for a Wichita forum, he will do it.

BTW, I still don't think its a good idea at this time.