Does extreme partisanship in political discussion help or hurt the country?

Just curious if you all think that extreme partisanship in political discussion is helpful in making the country better? Is name calling and harassment moving the needle to bring the country to a better place? Do you see the infighting as changing the hearts and minds or contributing to further a divide? Is there room for intelligent balanced discussion on heavily nuanced topics?

Or do you just enjoy rolling around in the mud and don't care about all that?
Hurts. Zero question in my mind.

There is room for intelligent balanced discussion, however, it requires open minds.
Social media has made the internet a terrible place. I remember the late 90's early 2000's internet was primarily for learning, exchanging of ideas, and gaming. Social media will be the downfall of western society.
It helps nothing. Now play nice boys.
... I surely believe it's fine. ... Let people choose.
It's the Australian way.
(And our shitty Australian leaders are about to find that out)

No reason that we all cannot have fair-minded discussions here.
Most of the insults and name-callings should be left on the dock, though.

#### Salty
Social media has made the internet a terrible place. I remember the late 90's early 2000's internet was primarily for learning, exchanging of ideas, and gaming. Social media will be the downfall of western society. Originally Posted by He11raiser
Agree 100%.
Social media has made the internet a terrible place. I remember the late 90's early 2000's internet was primarily for learning, exchanging of ideas, and gaming. Social media will be the downfall of western society. Originally Posted by He11raiser

I also agree 100%. With the two party system, it is statistically improbable for a third party to win an election. Not only that, but there are parts of both democrats and republicans who are morally wholly corrupt and will do ANYTHING to keep themselves in power.

Gerrymandering is one of the ways they do it. It is absolutely unfair and needs to be reworked... when it is not in your interests. But when districts are drawn in a way that benefits you, it is beautiful and a piece of art
  • Devo
  • 03-13-2022, 12:55 PM
I also agree 100%. With the two party system, it is statistically improbable for a third party to win an election. Not only that, but there are parts of both democrats and republicans who are morally wholly corrupt and will do ANYTHING to keep themselves in power.

Gerrymandering is one of the ways they do it. It is absolutely unfair and needs to be reworked... when it is not in your interests. But when districts are drawn in a way that benefits you, it is beautiful and a piece of art Originally Posted by onawbtngr546
Hence, why I'm a Libertarian.

We piss both parties off.

And the only thing that's going to help this country is a civil war, that eliminates the left and sets the country back on the right path.

We have a small minority intending to destroy the US as we know it.

The current costs and inflation show that, eventually the entitlements are going to end, and that alone is going to be the trigger, soup kitchens and food lines, breed anger and we will see burning that will make 2020 look like a picnic.

All the current angry rhetoric you hear, is because people are angry, we are past the point where talking helps, because frankly, you cannot talk to someone like an AOC, and ever expect to have them see things reasonably.
Devo wrote:
“And the only thing that's going to help this country is a civil war, that eliminates the left and sets the country back on the right path.”

Example AAA of what’s wrong in this forum. Scary part is he probably believes it. Lol
  • Devo
  • 03-14-2022, 04:19 PM
Why are you typing like I'm not here?

I do believe it, after being on Democrat pages and seeing the hatred they have for Republicans, I don't think they are savable.

Same as the rabid Democrats in politics, they will never compromise, and, its only getting worse.

I'm sorry, but neither party will work with the other, so, that eventually means another method will be needed to effect, or prevent changes that are damaging to our society.
And the only thing that's going to help this country is a civil war, that eliminates the left and sets the country back on the right path.
Then pick up a weapon and start you Staff edit to remove insults. .
I’d rather have a Christian theocracy (even being basically agnostic) than the technocracy currently in power, at least there’d be some definition of right and wrong. We’re so far away from the values and morality this country was founded on that it seems impossible to go back. We can’t even have borders without half the country getting bent out of shape. If you can’t even define where your country is, and who it’s citizens are, what’s the point of having one? Or go make a post on Reddit or Twitter that men can’t have babies and see what happens. At least half the country has completely lost their minds. Maybe a good civil war, or mass secession is exactly what’s needed to put us back on track.
We’re so far away from the values and morality this country was founded on that it seems impossible to go back. We can’t even have borders without half the country getting bent out of shape. If you can’t even define where your country is, and who it’s citizens are, what’s the point of having one? Or go make a post on Reddit or Twitter that men can’t have babies and see what happens. At least half the country has completely lost their minds. Maybe a good civil war, or mass secession is exactly what’s needed to put us back on track. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Agree - the left has literally lost their minds. Not wanting borders enforced, thinking men can get pregnant, not wanting to fund police, putting criminals right back out on the street, and a host of other things some that can't be mentioned here, etc.

Just split the country up so the crazy libtards can go live by themselves and keep the fuck away from the normal people
And this is why we need more centrist leaders
And this is why we need more centrist leaders Originally Posted by HDGristle
Tell that to both parties currently berating Tulsi Gabbard, a Lieutenant Colonel, as a Russian stooge for being concerned about potential biohazards. That chick has done more to serve her country that any of the fools trying to assassinate her character ever dreamed of.