Anyone remember the Roman V on Liberty Ave downtown?

I was 18 in the early to mid 1990's and was able to experience the good old Roman V before it closed/was shut down. Wow what a mixed bag of nuts that place had. My first time I went I was 18 and you went to the top of the steps, showed ID and were let in. There were 5 girls that stood up and WOW 4 out of 5 were knockouts. Then after that all downhill. I remember one time going in and my choice was this 200+ pound white girl and this skeleton that in reality was probably 35 but looked 55 and her teeth were as brown as a hershey bar. I passed that day. Then one time i open the door and there was some sort of convention going on in town and the steps leading to the door were lined up with like 12 guys waiting lol.
That place was so damn expensive for FS. I remembered it was like 60 or 80 to get in the room then the girls would want 100+ to bang her. I was just reminiscing about that filthy place
  • ottog
  • 02-13-2015, 10:57 AM
I caught that place between 1989-91 and it wasn't bad. Had about 3-4 faves and if they weren't there...I'd turn right around. I remember my one fave...her name was Britt...best head I ever had...and you could pound her like shutters on a windy day
I remember the last room in the back had a huge tub and fucking a few of the gals in the water. Those were fun days. There were so many choices to go to all around town.
  • Devo
  • 02-13-2015, 08:40 PM
No shit, my dad and his work crew did work on the outside of the building and you had to go through the place to access it.

They all talked about, being offered handjobs etc, at lunchtime, and I think I was about 15, I can remember wanting to go help out as I did on some other jobs, but they refused to take me, and my poor penthouse and hustler induced libito and virginity just left me sobbing as I couldnt comprehend being offered a free handjob from a female and not taking it.
is that the one that was blown up....
is that the one that was blown up.... Originally Posted by stevepar
According to this article, the Gemini was the one that was blown up
http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=5545,3231609
Those where the golden days of whore mongering. I think you had Gemini ,Roman 5 and one or two more downtown , Spartacus in the rocks , Executive in moon , A few in Shadyside ,Oakland Area. one in Homestead forget the name I think one was Aardvark somewhere .Plus you had wide open daylight street walking downtown very obvious dress not trying to hide the fact they were working downtown 9th to 10th street and Penn Ave was the hub.There was a corner bar on 9th some would work out of.
I wanna get in the way-back machine, not so much for the hos but for the 7.5 percent interest on savings.
Don't miss the old Listerine nut scrub though
I spent a lot of time here in my early hobby days. I kinda miss it - the fact that it way open for walk-ins 24/7 was a major draw - though if you went in the middle of the night, you were never quite sure what you were going to get... I remember the 200+ pound white girl (I think she was actually closer to 250). That was Bambi. I remember the "skeleton" girl too, though don't recall her name. She was always very sad and depressed. But there were some real stunners at times, too. There was a completely adorable busty blonde called Cindy that I particularly liked to see. I saw some seriously model-quality girls there, but they always wanted more money in tips to actually do anything than I had available to spend at the time, so they would generally would send me home with just a "massage" and HR, and a suggestion that I shouldn't try to see them again in the future unless I brought more cash with me...

I saw a really interesting article once about that place's "final days", I should try to find it again. It was typical that they'd occasionally get raided by LE, they'd be closed for about a week, and then back in operation as if nothing had happened. Then eventually, they closed, I was waiting for them to reopen again just like they'd always done, and it never happened. As I recall, the owner was indicted for tax evasion or something. If I can find the article again, I'll post a link to it.
Here's an interesting article:

http://newsinteractive.post-gazette....ante-tex-gill/

This is interesting too:

http://www.leagle.com/decision/19871...mtcm1278_11058

This is what the place looked like:

http://newsinteractive.post-gazette....tsburgh-press/

I guess a lot of this stuff happened before I was ever going there.
  • Knute
  • 02-14-2015, 02:21 PM
I remember the Roman V offering Greek sessions for $85 back around 1985.
I remember that. My dad used to work in the old Dravo Building. Once or twice a year, my brother and I would take the bus into town and meet my dad for lunch and then hang out with him the rest of the day. I was 13 and my brother was 9. Got off at the stop at Liberty Avenue right after the explosion. Windows blown out, smoke everywhere. Whores standing out in the cold in lingerie and cops and firefighters all over the place. If I remember it right, we were able to see everything from my old man's office window. Sometimes I think that was the beginning of my descent into deviancy. Either that or reading the copy of the Happy Hooker we found that summer.
BTW, Aardvark was right up the street from Roman V, next to / above what ended up being the last adult bookstore on Liberty Avenue. It closed not long before I started going to Roman V - when I started working downtown, it was still in operation, but by the time I got up the courage to go into one of these places, it was shut down, with a sign on the door that said ”Closed - Go To Roman V". The building sat vacant for years.

Another interesting link I found, which possibly explains the end of the downtown massage parlors:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/.../messages/4161

From the above:

I don't know if you remember how they closed the massage parlors in
downtown. The city cooperated with the Heinz foundation to buy the
buildings the parlors were in. Then they refused to renew the parlor
leases. I am not sure this is a reasonable way for all cities to deal
with the parlor issue.
There was a place below the Roman V, just looking, no touching.

I may have worked there as a youth.