Women in Combat

Frances there looks kinda dude-ly.... do you think when people saw her walking around they were thinking.. why is that guy wearing a dress?
a buddy of mine who does a lot of wagering in sports says, "never bet on a women's game
cause you never know who is on the rag"

here lies the problem, in combat she cannot call in sick
You're either being obstinate or illiterate, LL. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
"There is no record that she ever engaged an enemy or saw any form of direct combat while she was enlisted."

You bury the truth with lots of irrelevant bullshit that has nothing to do with the OP.

This thread is not about "enlisting" ... there are plenty of females who "enlist" ....

.. this thread is about COMBAT!

You are as bad as the post about the "security guard" in Oregon who ...

... scared the shooter to death with his .22 Glock he never fired! All puff.
"There is no record that she ever engaged an enemy or saw any form of direct combat while she was enlisted."

You bury the truth with lots of irrelevant bullshit that has nothing to do with the OP.

This thread is not about "enlisting" ... there are plenty of females who "enlist" ....

.. this thread is about COMBAT!

You are as bad as the post about the "security guard" in Oregon who ...

... scared the shooter to death with his .22 Glock he never fired! All puff. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Point of fact: Cathay Williams enlisted in a combat unit, and this thread IS about women serving in combat units. Her unit was deployed to deal with Apache raids in New Mexico. Williams performed as every other soldier in her unit during her term of enlistment, and you ignorantly and obnoxiously keep ignoring the women who did serve in combat during the Civil War.
Point of fact: Originally Posted by I B Hankering
"There is no record that she ever engaged an enemy or saw any form of direct combat while she was enlisted." Quoted from YOUR article.

So what if she "enlisted" ....

.. I got a driver's license so I can drive ... but ... I have never driven!

So that PROVES I can drive in NASCAR.

You are drowning in your own bullshit and clinging to straws .. you floated.
... in combat she cannot call in sick Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
or .. call time to fix her nails.
"There is no record that she ever engaged an enemy or saw any form of direct combat while she was enlisted." Quoted from YOUR article.

So what if she "enlisted" ....

.. I got a driver's license so I can drive ... but ... I have never driven!

So that PROVES I can drive in NASCAR.

You are drowning in your own bullshit and clinging to straws .. you floated. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Cathay Williams' COMBAT unit was deployed to deal with Apache raids in New Mexico: that was her and her unit's COMBAT mission. Williams performed her COMBAT mission as every other COMBAT soldier in her COMBAT unit during her term of enlistment. And you ignorantly and obnoxiously keep ignoring the women who actually did participate in battles during the Civil War.
Originally Posted by LexusLover

So if "There is no record that she ever engaged an enemy or saw any form of direct combat while she was enlisted," how do you know that she was actually in Combat to perform "her COMBAT mission as every other COMBAT soldier in her COMBAT unit during her term of enlistment."

If "every other COMBAT soldier in her COMBAT unit during her term of enlistment" was sitting on their asses, playing gin, and drinking bad whiskey, then she was NOT IN COMBAT!

So if "There is no record that she ever engaged an enemy or saw any form of direct combat while she was enlisted," how do you know that she was actually in Combat to perform "her COMBAT mission as every other COMBAT soldier in her COMBAT unit during her term of enlistment."

If "every other COMBAT soldier in her COMBAT unit during her term of enlistment" was sitting on their asses, playing gin, and drinking bad whiskey, then she was NOT IN COMBAT!

All you proffer are more specious words for your vacuous argument. The 38th Infantry Regiment was/IS a COMBAT unit, and Cathay Williams' enlisted in the 38th Infantry Regiment. Williams’ COMBAT unit was deployed to deal with Apache raids in New Mexico: that was her and her unit's COMBAT mission. Williams performed her COMBAT mission as every other COMBAT soldier in her COMBAT unit during her term of enlistment. And once again, you ignorantly and obnoxiously ignore the women who actually did participate in battles during the Civil War.
..... the women who actually did participate in battles during the Civil War. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
What women? Have you named one that FOUGHT in COMBAT in the civil war ...

.. or does your "participate" have to do with carrying water or mending wounds?

Here's what your article said about your FIGHTING CROSS-DRESSER ...

"Williams enlisted in the United States Regular Army on 15 November 1866 at St. Louis, Missouri for a three year engagement, passing herself off as a man."

The last surrender happened: June 23, 1865. Over a year earlier.

#1: The civil war was over so by your own admission you are full of shit ... and
#2: Even after she "enlisted" ...

Quoted right out of YOUR article. There is NO EVIDENCE (or even a report) that she "participated in battles"!!!!

You are just making crap up out of nothing. To prove what?

Nothing.

"....no record that she ever engaged an enemy or saw any form of direct combat ..."

"....no record that she ever engaged an enemy or saw any form of direct combat ..."

Lexus Lover (and others) look up the name Mollie Bean. She served in the North Carolina army as Melvin Bean. She was in combat, was wounded, and captured at Richmond shortly before the end of the war.
Lexus Lover (and others) look up the name Mollie Bean. She served in the North Carolina army as Melvin Bean. She was in combat, was wounded, and captured at Richmond shortly before the end of the war. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I saw written that Mollie Bean said she had been wounded....twice. It was further reported that she was "captured in uniform" ... You are implying that it has been documented (corroborated) that she was wounded during combat and consequently captured. Except for the capture those are her claims.

JDB ... you will not find where I have said that NO women have fought in Combat ... but isolated incidents based on personal claims and implications do not support the conclusion that females in 2013 as a group are "qualified" to serve as COMBAT servicemembers or therefore ought to be allowed to serve as COMBAT servicemembers. I asked IBH a simple question and challenged his IMPLIED FINDING that a female (WILLIAMS) fought in COMBAT.

It seems to me that if one is going to use an example of a female fighting in COMBAT from the past to justify females doing to today, then the credibility of the claim is subject to being questioned and the authenticity of the report challengeable.

The very article cited by IBH refutes what he claimed. Period.
Like Munchie you asked a question and I gave you a name. Nothing is absolute. We don't have video records to prove who did what in the Civil War. I accept her claim. I also give honory mention of Mary E. Walker. She did not hide her sex but she served as a front line combat surgeon. She would wear trousers under her modified hoop skirt. She maintained the dignity of the day with the skirt cut to knee length but she couldn't have it dragging through the blood. She was awarded the Medal of Honor but that is another story that is interesting.
What women? Have you named one that FOUGHT in COMBAT in the civil war ...

.. or does your "participate" have to do with carrying water or mending wounds? Originally Posted by LexusLover
Oh, yes! With name and pictures @ http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=104. Her name was Frances Clalin Clayton. You're illiteracy is astounding, LL.

Frances Clalin Clayton, disguised as a man, and using the pseudonym "Jack Williams" enlisted with the Union alongside with her husband during the fall of 1861. Both Clalin and Elmer were born and lived in the North, but despite living in the state of Minnesota they enlisted in a Missouri regiment. It is unknown which units specifically they fought in, but Clalin is said to have served in both cavalry and artillery units. Clalin served side by side with her husband until he died in battle in 1862. Clalin is known to have fought in the Battle of Fort Donelson in Tennessee, February 13, 1862, where the Union won after three days of fighting. During this battle Clalin was wounded, but was not discovered because of her injury. Clalin was engaged in seventeen battles other than Fort Donelson. Reports say she was wounded a total of three times, and even taken prisoner once.

It was during the Battle of Stones River (or Murfreesboro), on December 31, 1862, that her husband died. He was only a few feet in front of Clalin when he died, but some sources say that she did not stop fighting - she stepped over his body and charged when the commands came.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frances_Clalin

Another is Jennie Irene Hodgers:

"On August 6, 1862, she enlisted into the 95th Illinois Infantry using the name Albert Cashier and was assigned to Company G. The regiment was part of the Army of the Tennessee under Ulysses S. Grant and fought in approximately forty battles, including the siege at Vicksburg, the Red River Campaign and the combat at Guntown, Mississippi, where they suffered heavy casualties." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Cashier

Here's what your article said about your FIGHTING CROSS-DRESSER ...

"Williams enlisted in the United States Regular Army on 15 November 1866 at St. Louis, Missouri for a three year engagement, passing herself off as a man."

The last surrender happened: June 23, 1865. Over a year earlier.

#1: The civil war was over so by your own admission you are full of shit ... and
#2: Even after she "enlisted" ...

Quoted right out of YOUR article. There is NO EVIDENCE (or even a report) that she "participated in battles"!!!!

You are just making crap up out of nothing. To prove what?

Nothing.

Cathay Williams' two year COMBAT tour with her COMBAT unit, the 38th Infantry Regiment, was against the Apaches during the ongoing Indian wars in the West. She served as a COMBAT infantry rifleman from 1866 to 1868. Those are documented facts, and nothing you've foolishly connived to post has refuted those facts. Your trifling notion that since she didn't fire her weapon in action means she didn't serve in a COMBAT unit in a hostile, COMBAT situation is ridiculous. BTW, marching 500 to 600 miles, fording streams, rivers and crossing deserts carrying a 56 inch, 9 lb rifle with pack and other personal and military accoutrements isn't sitting around drinking gin and playing cards -- just an FYI.
Let's face it, America is on a downhill slide. Why don't we train many more women to be mechanics, firefighters, plumbers, engineers, heavy equipment operators, factory workers, etc., and the men who get displaced, let's teach them childcare and nursing. That's the fucked up fantasy way of thinking liberals use, that we are all equal, all interchangeable, and the only difference is a penis or a vagina.
When you displace enough men with women, what are the men going to do to feel useful? Strap on a pussy and charged women to fuck them with a strap on dick? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Look at the bright side. Bigoted assholes like you will die off and open minded folks won't have to hear carp like this in the future.