Houston Car rental

Hey There Gents and Ladies,
Well my car kind of went DOA... I am in need of a ride for a week or two while I get it fixed. So anyone with a spare car (doesn’t have to be nice just mechanically sound) in exchange for 100/wk or session and I would put insurance on it please pm me. I am young so a rental car is extremely expensive for me.
This is not a bogus request nor is it looking to take advantage of anyone....
Thank you So much!
Hugs and Kisses!
Michelle
Just sold my old civivc last week. Can't help ya sorry.
Funny story is I have gotten a ton of Pms like that.
Girl, the problem with loaning anybody a car is insurance. Every car on the road HAS to have liability insurance. If a friend loans a car to another friend, and that friend has an accident, (say a bad one), the owner will be in for a bunch of heartache.

I will not even loan my grown kids one of my cars. Too much at stake in the world we live in.

Good Luck, anyway
Years ago I was in the same position as you. Rent a Wreck
didn't require credit cards and they were less expensive than renting from an agency. If you are able to stay close to home you could take a cab.
  • bbkid
  • 02-22-2011, 07:22 AM
Send a PM to TexasGator. He has a Pacer in his garage that needs to be driven a little.
Really?
Send a PM to TexasGator. He has a Pacer in his garage that needs to be driven a little. Originally Posted by bbkid
That's some funny chit, bbkido. Damn near deserving of an

Truth be told I'm somewhat protective of the Chick Magnet

....at least until I make the last 2 payments to Ansley.

BUT as for Michelle's problem, I hear there's a guy in New Orleans who'll be only too happy to rent her a car.

Michelle - hope all is well with you and the baby and that you get the help/rides you need. TG
Years ago I was in the same position as you. Rent a Wreck
didn't require credit cards and they were less expensive than renting from an agency. If you are able to stay close to home you could take a cab. Originally Posted by Ansley
Thanks Love!
So If I get full coverage under my name on someone elses car the ins wont cover it If I have a big wreck? (all tho I have never wrecked, this is for argument sake)

BUT as for Michelle's problem, I hear there's a guy in New Orleans who'll be only too happy to rent her a car.

Originally Posted by TexasGator
You BASTARD..you now owe me a starbucks..I just spilled it every where!!!....and now I cant stop laughing...
So If I get full coverage under my name on someone elses car the ins wont cover it If I have a big wreck? (all tho I have never wrecked, this is for argument sake) Originally Posted by SweetSensualMichelle

Dont know the answer to this question...but.... Can you get insurance on a car that is not registered in your name? Come on boys..I know someone knows the answer to this...
  • Dad
  • 02-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Whoever contemplating on loaning a car to her, don't forget to read this alert: http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=178352
Thanks Love!
So If I get full coverage under my name on someone elses car the ins wont cover it If I have a big wreck? (all tho I have never wrecked, this is for argument sake) Originally Posted by SweetSensualMichelle
You can't insure a car that is not in your name. The owner of the car would have to add you to his policy as an additional driver.
You can't insure a car that is not in your name. The owner of the car would have to add you to his policy as an additional driver. Originally Posted by Mountainking
That is not true. I had insurance on a car that someone else owned.
You can insure any car you want.

I have two cars that I don't drive, but would never loan one to a provider even if she paid up front.