Help me understand please

You set up a session with someone at a certain time the day before. Communication is amicable and easy. The day of, you try to communicate with the provider around the agreed upon time and you never get a response. This provider will remain nameless as she is not a frequent poster in these forums and she would not have a fair opportunity to respond. But, someone please help me understand why this occurs. Maybe you more experienced providers can give some of the other ladies the proper protocol when this situation arises. Seriously, I wouldn't even take offense if you outright told me you will cancel our session for a bigger payday (no one can be mad at that, that's just business). But please let us know SOMETHING!!! This completes my inaugural bitchfest. Thanks!
You cannot really know what some providers are thinking, don't even begin to try to get the rationale behind what they do as it will confuse the hell out of you. While most providers are great, a few times, when talking about the same thing, some will say one thing to one person and another to another person, (I could tell you a story or two). In this case, one of many theories is if she sees one hobbyist a day, she had a regular call her last minute and she saw him, not bothering to let you know and is not going to answer her phone or text if her day is already booked or obviously while in session. Just be thankful you did not get fully ready and then drive all the way across town and then she pulled the communication disappearance act on you!

I would give it a few days, before you throw her under the bus, just to see if she was in an accident or some other type of emergency came up which she was unable to contact you.
The person was a flake and didn't consider your agreed upon session a priority. With Indys, I always try for same day appointments, but even that's not a guarantee. Honoring commitments and not flaking depends on the individual. Some people do what they say they will, others have a tendency to flake. That's just how some people are.
The person was a flake and didn't consider your agreed upon session a priority. With Indys, I always try for same day appointments, but even that's not a guarantee. Honoring commitments and not flaking depends on the individual. Some people do what they say they will, others have a tendency to flake. That's just how some people are. Originally Posted by Roger.Smith
I agree, that's what I figured.
Odd, so I lump it with She had a "better" option, or she's a flaky lady...maybe a legitimate emergency. Either way, sorry hun, luckily for you DFW is filled with many great ladies!

I'll admit. . .this is a fear of mine, I'd HATE for that to happen to me, as sometimes there is no option B

Funny I'm listening to John Mellancamp reminding me "oh yea life goes on..." says Jack to Diane.

Good luck!
Odd, so I lump it with She had a "better" option, or she's a flaky lady. Either way, sorry hun. Originally Posted by Eva Damita
Just think if she did what she she did to the OP with this "better" option when he first tried to see her. Either way, both scenarios make her out to be inconsiderate and that flake of a lady.
Same thing happened to me today.

Is a discounted rate to be expected when the provider does contact us?

Seems like 50 off would be nice...even if the provider is running a special.
If I have a ncns I give it 48hrs in case something urgent did happen before I go and judge them as inconsiderate or not. Like Eva said, there could have been a situation.

That being said, when she does contact you again, hopefully there is a discount extended to you for the mishap. Its just good business.

I have had a guy who I saw once before ncns me for two 4hr appts back to back. The first time he said he was in a car accident and the second time he said his SO discovered his p411. I was sympathetic in case he was telling the truth but when he contacted me again I told him I would need a 50% deposit if he wanted to book. Heard from him one last time asking if I would be available the following week. Reminded him of the deposit I would need. Never heard back.

Regardless of hobby life or real world, if you make things harder for someone bc you dropped the ball, making it up to them somehow is always the right thing to do.
You want the truth???

Sorry couldn't resist
I understand this shit happens, but I really want to know what the provider is thinking to not communicate at all? I mean, what's the logic behind that?
You set up a session with someone at a certain time the day before. Communication is amicable and easy. The day of, you try to communicate with the provider around the agreed upon time and you never get a response. This provider will remain nameless as she is not a frequent poster in these forums and she would not have a fair opportunity to respond. But, someone please help me understand why this occurs. Maybe you more experienced providers can give some of the other ladies the proper protocol when this situation arises. Seriously, I wouldn't even take offense if you outright told me you will cancel our session for a bigger payday (no one can be mad at that, that's just business). But please let us know SOMETHING!!! This completes my inaugural bitchfest. Thanks! Originally Posted by dongeykong
Just a protocol of the industry and the paradigm isn't going to change. Words from our current President.

Look at it this way. If a Provider asked you to play and you didn't.

Would you reply? You would? Then we are brothers.

My experience: Sisters are rarely capable of playing straight with brothers.
Because their are no consequences. For some reasons guys won't call the providers out. So their is no record that theirr TCB is shit. So they continue to do it because it does not effect business.
Imagine the opposite. If this board didn't exist and their were no alerts and information was fragmented more so then now. I bet more guys would skip the donation part. Why? Because it would be hard to find out.
You obviously don't want to put it out their because you are afraid of being WK or you still want to see the girl.
I admire the many reasons providers give for no shows. While many just don't respond, some are quite inventive. I've had "I was arrested for excessive celebrating at a Mavericks game", and the old standby "my phone got rained on and quit working" among others.

Might be worth a new thread to list how original some ladies can be.
It sucks when it happens. It happened to me once. I made an appointment with someone else as a plan b and then I got a text from the one that no showed and she was complaining that I saw another girl and how her and that girl had problems with each other and I shouldn't see her again and ect. ect. I was surprised that I was getting scolded. I was just surprised by the whole situation. I just shook my head and laughed, like "Huh?"
This shit happened to me the entire month of august! Who know's why this happens but it does suck. I typically have a small window to hobby. I have two jobs and family to deal with. So when I have a few hours of the day to myself coming up, I try to plan in advance what day I will hobby and what time of that day I can hobby. Today is Sunday and I already know that the only day I can do anything hobby related is Thursday. If my flavor of the week no shows or tries to change the appointment time...I'm probably not going to get to play until the next week.

I have had shit come up this last week that has hindered me from having the appointment I had scheduled, but she knew well in advance. (school got cancelled so I was home with the kiddo) That was unexpected but it was a legit reason. Typically when a provider cancels on me, its for some BS excuse. (if they even give me one). I don't know what it is with this hobby that seems to affect providers phones where the battery always dies, the phone gets dropped, the phone is "acting up" or something along that lines. Coincidentally, their phone is working 30 mins past our appointment time. AMAZING....