The River at Winstar

Anyone else playing in the events? I played Event #1 today. Supposed to be capped at 200 plus alternates. They had such an overwhelming response they bumped it to 400 plus alternates. 474 total today.
Boltfan...Will be there Friday for other reasons. Let me know if you will still be there. Need a break and meeting some pals from MO.
Why are the dumbshits having a tournament on Friday and then again on Monday? Skipping Saturday and Sunday is nuts. That basically means I'm not coming.
Yes I know, my sister got 3rd place and since i fronted her the money for the tourney I get half of her 11K she won, nice return on Investment! TEX this is something new they are trying this year to fill up the big tourney so they don't take a big hit on empty seats.
Because Saturday and Sunday they make too much money on the rake. Not so dumb after all.
Yeah, but when folks bust out of the tournament, they go straight to the cash games. And they could get 500 people for the tournament on a weekend. Maybe more.

I"ll fly to L.A. or Las Vegas.
They don't need to cater to tournaments on the weekends. They are full of cash players already. Every table they take down for a tournament loses them money for that time period.

Plus Sunday is their last mega-satellite for the main event.

You fly to Vegas or LA.
Do you think we would have enough interest in this group for a home game to Texas Hold Em? $50 buy in with a 70/30 split with Ten guys could pay for a session would be better than the last Lottery and you would know who the winner is so we would be looking for a review.
i'me playing in the main event. i play my day 1 on thursday. made the cut in a mega satellite recently.
I would love to get into a regular game. Used to have one in West Texas and even had my own table.
count me in for a regular game if one is created.
We really should get one going!
You mean like this room?
You mean like this room? Originally Posted by funeralman

that looks like a cool place to play.