What is your favorite #2 (ATF-2) movie and why

What is your favorite contender for #2 favorite movie? I know I have several tied for the spot and there is no need to focus on everybody's #1 ATF: "My Cousin Vinny".

My new #2 leader is: "Hidden Figures". It's a story about 3 pretty amazing NASA women from the 1960's, during the Apollo years.

Why it's my #2 leader: It's based on a true story and manages to piss you off initially and ultimately makes you want to cry happy tears, right at the end, as there my actually be hope for society.
Doctor Zhivago
The Godfather. I've actually given this some significant thought.

I know I know I know. Scarface #1.

I'll always be a Pacino guy. I'm not subtle. Like De Niro. More Sinatra than Dino.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUy2Wx_r0_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCdXiOssbM0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=439pP_kn76w

Doctor Zhivago Originally Posted by MarcellusWalluz
Good solid choice. Why do you like it so? What's your takeaway from it?
Good solid movie, one of the best. But a Pacino guy and you didn't mention Dog Day Afternoon? I dunno.

The Godfather. I've actually given this some significant thought.

I know I know I know. Scarface #1.

I'll always be a Pacino guy. I'm not subtle. Like De Niro. More Sinatra than Dino... Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
Good solid movie, one of the best. But a Pacino guy and you didn't mention Dog Day Afternoon? I dunno. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do

Yes yes, an excellent performance. By both Godfather actors. The "film", though, isn't epic. Timeless maybe. Monumental? No.

Based on historical events, Scarface is number one in my book. So my number two is far from a number two. Probably should say 1a and 1b.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTs5I_D6E9E
Im a Star wars fan. So my top movies are all star wars films. So that means my list is in constant fluctuation
Im a Star wars fan. So my top movies are all star wars films. So that means my list is in constant fluctuation Originally Posted by winn dixie
Always find it amazing how 'cheezy', ala early Star Trek, the original looks by today's standards - but I watch it anyway. Which Star Wars is the best Star Wars?
Looking back at the replies, I almost have to explain why it's my number two. In detail. It's more like I have to explain why Scarface is my number one, rather than why The Godfather is my number two. So . . . here goes nothing:

As compared to The Godfather, yes, the violence in Scarface is gratuitous. I'm not a sophisticate. I related to the gritty side of life. Still do. The Godfather is stylish, sophisticated and subtle. So not me.

There it is. As I write, I realize now that I can explain why it's my number two. Not that Sicilian immigrants were such right off the boat, but the respect and presentation meant everything. Me? I just don't give a fuck! Fit in with the bourgeois society? Fuck that!

Two minutes. Twelve seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n6Jx75ha8E

Treatment of Titles (Writing Style Guide)

Titles of movies, television, and radio shows are italicized. A single episode is enclosed in quotation marks.
Two minutes. Twelve seconds.

... Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
Dang! I haven't seen the movie in over 2 decades. Might have to tee that one up.!
As it is hard to have just one favourite, the same exist for *me* to have a runner up. There will always be movies that if I see on, I will sit and watch. But one that kinda struck me in The Player sort of way is Bob le Flambeur (Bob the Gambler.) The actor and his life made him a perfect choice. And description below. Skip the first 30 seconds if you have a desire to watch so as not to get any spoilers.

First I've ever heard about this one. Going to have to look it up. I do like me some French films. Is it English subtitles?

As it is hard to have just one favourite, the same exist for *me* to have a runner up. There will always be movies that if I see on, I will sit and watch. But one that kinda struck me in The Player sort of way is Bob le Flambeur (Bob the Gambler.) The actor and his life made him a perfect choice. And description below. Skip the first 30 seconds if you have a desire to watch so as not to get any spoilers.

Originally Posted by Precious_b
Good solid choice. Why do you like it so? What's your takeaway from it? Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
The entire storyline fascinates me, including the music. They just don't make films like that anymore, I even have the soundtrack on vinyl.
The ending is my favorite, just when he thinks he's going to be reunited with his true love he drops dead on the street.
"It's a gift!"
The entire storyline fascinates me, including the music. They just don't make films like that anymore, I even have the soundtrack on vinyl.
The ending is my favorite, just when he thinks he's going to be reunited with his true love he drops dead on the street.
"It's a gift!" Originally Posted by MarcellusWalluz
Great point about the sound track. Ah, remember when movies relied on a great script and dialog or singing like in musicals instead of really good special effects and great sound systems. Well, except maybe for Westerns, especially spaghetti westerns.
Pulp fiction was a dang good movie with a great sound track.
But one of the best movies with one of the best sound tracks is Forrest Gump.
Right now my favorite top 2 star wars films in order are
1. Attack of the Clones
2. Rogue One

All the sw movies had excellent sound tracks by John Williams