What's one thing you can't live without?

In another thread I mentioned going from having millions to being so poor I was on food stamps, thinking of selling my house to live in my Lexus, and paying my maid with shoes. It occurred to me that I've never been without a maid. Kind of sad that I don't like to clean house. I don't mind picking up after myself, but I've always had a maid to keep me honest. Sure, I don't mind picking up and cleaning, but I do put it off and put it off and well, a maid is something I've never lived without. It's all about priorities and I would rather have a spotless home than food in the fridge. So, what is one luxury that you would rather not give up in times of financial difficulties?
my internet access.
NicholetteM,
That's when you steal wifi from your neighbors.
For me, oxygen is big. I mean, really, really BIG!

I swear if I couldn't get it, I'd die!
So, what is one luxury that you would rather not give up in times of financial difficulties? Originally Posted by Nicolette Bordeauxva
For me, oxygen is big. I mean, really, really BIG!

I swear if I couldn't get it, I'd die!
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
Cute, very cute, but I was asking about luxuries that are probably a little frivolous but, you just don't want to give up.
NicholetteM,
That's when you steal wifi from your neighbors. Originally Posted by Nicolette Bordeauxva
Funnily, when I first moved to my current location, had that privilege, not anymore.
-self edit -
My family. I know, I know, they're not a luxury. But w/o them, I wouldn't have much to live for.
My family. I know, I know, they're not a luxury. But w/o them, I wouldn't have much to live for. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
That's cheating. But, I can totally relate to that. I couldn't live without my children and spent hundreds of thousands fighting to keep them. In fact, it was fighting for my children that cost me my life's savings and then some. I would go broke a thousand times over to have my kids.

-I would even give up the maid.
my party time on Bourbon..I spend ALOT at the strip clubs and bars there!!!
Books. I love my books. I suppose they're not really a luxury, but if I suddenly found myself homeless, they'd be the most difficult objects to part with. I'd rather have one set of clothes than say goodbye to my signed copy of Metamagical Themas.

Runner up: restaurants. I can cook okay, but not like the pros...
I was trying to find a clip from the movie Bruno. There's a scene where he finds himself homeless and he is pushing and pulling clothing carts full of designer clothes. My friend is a clothes horse and said, "that would be me."
Cute, very cute, but I was asking about luxuries that are probably a little frivolous but, you just don't want to give up. Originally Posted by Nicolette Bordeauxva
Luxuries, Nicole?

And what exactly are these things, these luxuries, you keep gushing about?

Is it bigger than a breadbox?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1el59ig9AK8"]YouTube- The Jerk - "And That's All I Need"[/ame]
Obviously Nicolette you sure need to start your life over, if you would have been born with a wooden spoon in your mouth instead of a golden one, then you would look at that thing called a Luxury in a total different aspect. Material things are great, services such as a maid is just that....a maid.

I wouldn't be surprised that you are going to have a few surprises in you future life, but somehow, just somehow I imagine you will slip right thru with out evening knowing you did.

There's an ole saying "Those whom usually got, usually are ones that are still"