I think we out to have National Legal Care...

...no matter how small your tort is you ought to have a qualified lawyer to represent you...

...and of course the illegals will be welcome to enjoy this as well...

...nothing but the best in the good ol' US of A....
I've hired enough lawyers and spent enough time in the courthouse to see the game that it is. Burn them all.
http://www.shakespeare-online.com/plays/2kh6_4_2.html line 59 lol

So how many more threads we going to have on this?
Word!

Except that I know and am related to a few nice ones. The relative knows legal, but utterly lacks common sense. But that's family.
I'm done...:,

Friends again?
Come here big boy, let me give you a big wet one.
I know the drill: Get a room.

I'm learning.

From another website: I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes. I will surely learn a great deal today
...no matter how small your tort is you ought to have a qualified lawyer to represent you... Originally Posted by atlcomedy
LOL!

Actually, I sort of like the "English Rule", where the loser of a lawsuit is responsible for the prevailing party's legal fees.

That might have put a damper on the exuberance of a few unscrupulous tort lawyers who filed frivolous lawsuits against entities I controlled or managed.
Actually, Captian Midnight, you might be surprised how the Plaitiff's bar would react to that proposal. I've got about 100 files open at any one time, and I've only lost three law suits in 26 years. Of course, I'm fortunate to be in a good firm and am quite selective in my cases, but if I could have recovered attorneys' fees and costs over my 26 year career, I'll guarantee you and I would be much wealthier now and retired. The perennial Defendants our our society and the insurance companies would never sail for it, however.
What about those prepaid legal services? I have heard it is a bunch of crap, but what if we really did have that and it worked?

Rather than paying retainer fees, if you paid a premium to a "legal insurance" program when you needed legal representation you paid your deductable and then 20%.

I dunno...
I just caught up on all the lawyer talk. And my previous post seems a little ignorant now. I appologize for playing in the wrong sandbox here.
I just caught up on all the lawyer talk. And my previous post seems a little ignorant now. I appologize for playing in the wrong sandbox here. Originally Posted by rekcaSxT
oh well...a thought on the question you posed...

What about those prepaid legal services? I have heard it is a bunch of crap, but what if we really did have that and it worked?

Rather than paying retainer fees, if you paid a premium to a "legal insurance" program when you needed legal representation you paid your deductable and then 20%.

I dunno... Originally Posted by rekcaSxT
I remember being offered one of these years ago (for a couple of hundred bucks) as part of my employer's flex spending program. On the surface it looked great. Then I read the fine print and there were so many exclusions on what they would cover I took a pass on it. Basically all the "good stuff" or areas I thought I might actually need it were excluded. Unless I wanted to adopt a kid or my neighbor's tree fell on my house it was basically useless.
One company I worked for actually provided legal representation for all employees in a lot of situations for free. That is unless you were going against the employer. But it was similar stuff like adoption etc...
Prepaid legal services is an idea that just didn't seem to work too well. Unfortunately most legal issues aren't a one size fits all sort of deal.

I dunno... Originally Posted by rekcaSxT
If legal insurance was as prevalent as health insurance, legal fees would be 15% of GDP too.