Hate Houston traffic

Yesterday I set off to visit Nancy at I-10 Melissa at around 5:30PM. It took me FOREVER to reach there. I was so late that Nancy rushed home and could not stay back anymore. Melissa could not do anything either since her son was home. It was one painfully slow trip of 5 miles for NOTHING and I was horny as hell!!

to Houston traffic!!
My.....how the mighty have fallen.
wow that does suck...ill never be used to Houston when i move here
That's why I'm moving out your way (Texas Hill Country) next year.

CC, pls PM me about this. I tried to leave you a message but apparently your box is full (so to speak).
The thing is once I realized that my party was not taking place, I was not in the mood anymore. I used to live in Austin,which did have bad traffic once in a while but nothing compared to Houston.

On a side note, I found this interesting GPS app named "Waze" which is a social networking based GPS. Its a community based GPS which has live stream traffic updates posted by other Waze users. I thought it was a pretty cool concept and its free. Next time, I will use it to reach on time.
Houston traffic is know big deal.If you know how to go around it.First step is EZ tag
wow that does suck...ill never be used to Houston when i move here Originally Posted by College Cutie

I don't know what is worse . . . Houston traffic or Austin stop lights? Austin traffic lights, the fuckers are the longest lasting I have experienced anywhere.
Dude.... move to the east side..... Channelview.... or maybe even Baytown..... Much easier to navigate..... Just bear in mind you are 30-45 minutes from everywhere..... Problem solved....
You need to learn to drive between 10 am and 3 pm;
except on fridays, just stay home;
This past week was hell on 18 wheelers wrecks ;
  • Trey
  • 11-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Getting on I 10 at 5:30 was what did you in. I ten don't even think about after four and if you must us ten plan far ahead give yourself lots and lots of time then give extra time.
yea dont you know the rule........No playing until after 8pm, WHen traffic is running smoothe
Austin traffic lights, the fuckers are the longest lasting I have experienced anywhere. Originally Posted by pyramider
They just like to see the colors more up there.

As for "Houston" traffic ... actually "Houston Metro" traffic .....

.. there are 2 sources of major delays .....

1. construction, which tends to help ...
2. careless-reckless-stupid driving that does not.
That why I carry one of those little vacuums that plug into the lighter.
...one of those little vacuums that plug into the lighter. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
... perfert ...!
Having been a delivery driver in Houston for a few years I can offer the following:
1) Galleria area / 610 loop - NEVER go there from 2 pm to about 8pm (Christmas season is 100% offlimits)

2) Westpark curve, avoid from 2 pm - 6 pm ish...

3) Shepard Curve on 45 north.... will slow down from 3 pm to 6 pm but as you move outbound, speeds pick up

4) Westheimer - Total nightmare after 4 pm heading outbound. Use Richmond.

5) Downtown.... its crazy all the time... so roll the dice